The Student Room Group

Applying to Oxford at age 14

Hey guys. I am 14 and applying to Oxford University. I want to know if its possible for me to get in. I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics. The offer is A star and A,A. If I fall short of one grade can I get in? And if i do bad in the PAT will I get in. Would they consider my young age and take me.

Scroll to see replies

Wow 14 that's impressive! If you get the grades, have a good personality and a passion for the subject you want to study you might well get in. I'm not sure though and your age might also be a hindrance. Good luck though
Reply 2
Universities, even Oxford, are actually very reluctant to admit anyone under the age of 16.
Reply 3
Original post by bluemuffin
Wow 14 that's impressive! If you get the grades, have a good personality and a passion for the subject you want to study you might well get in. I'm not sure though and your age might also be a hindrance. Good luck though

Thanks. But what happens if I get a grade less?
Original post by saboor 123
Thanks. But what happens if I get a grade less?

I don't know sorry :/
Reply 5
Original post by bluemuffin
I don't know sorry :/

Ok
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
Universities, even Oxford, are actually very reluctant to admit anyone under the age of 16.

Do you have an incident.
Hey guys. I am 14 and applying to Oxford University. I want to know if its possible for me to get in. I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics. The offer is A star and A,A. If I fall short of one grade can I get in? And if i do bad in the PAT will I get in. Would they consider my young age and take me.

Wait until you're 18 to go to uni. You're WAY too young to be going to uni. They probably won't admit you due to being WAY too young. Why on earth would you want to go now?

You won't get an interview if your PAT is bad. Has your school talked to Oxford as to whether they will consider someone your age?
Reply 9
Do you have an incident.

What do you mean by that? No, I think that's just what was said on their website.

what did you get in your gcses
Why are you doing A levels at 14? Are you like some genius or something?
Reply 12
Original post by Muttley79
You won't get an interview if your PAT is bad. Has your school talked to Oxford as to whether they will consider someone your age?

they're homeschooled :s-smilie:

I can't tell if he's an absolute child prodigy, lying or deluded, looking at their other posts.
This has to be a troll. There is NO WAY a 14 year old can do A levels, just no way unless they are some kind of weirdo or something. If this post is true which I highly doubt it then what did you get in your GCSEs and at what age did you do them?
Original post by super_kawaii
Wait until you're 18 to go to uni. You're WAY too young to be going to uni. They probably won't admit you due to being WAY too young. Why on earth would you want to go now?

I have finished my GCSE's and am in year 13. Why would I not go. How on eartj can I study year 13 for 4 years. Thats crazy

PAT is very important to getting in and your age won’t be an advantage. I would think they are quite strict on the grades, since *AA is actually lower than a fair few other places for physics.
Original post by The RAR
This has to be a troll. There is NO WAY a 14 year old can do A levels, just no way unless they are some kind of weirdo or something. If this post is true which I highly doubt it then what did you get in your GCSEs and at what age did you do them?

I did my GCSE's in 2017. Got 7 A stars 4 A's and a B. This is not a troll. I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics for A level and am expected to get 2 A stars and 2 As. I finished my As syllabus in 2 weeks. Working through A2 syllabus. I am self studying everythign and youtube is my teacher. This is clearly not a troll
Reply 17
I have finished my GCSE's and am in year 13. Why would I not go. How on eartj can I study year 13 for 4 years. Thats crazy

Saying you're in year 13 is pointless when you're 14 and homeschooled, just saying
Original post by Muttley79

I am home schooled with no teacher and I self study. My exam centre gave me my reference to oxford and I am doing exams wiyh them. They said its completely fine.
disguise of "Am i fit for oxford"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending