Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I am 14 and applying to Oxford University. I want to know if its possible for me to get in. I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics. The offer is A star and A,A. If I fall short of one grade can I get in? And if i do bad in the PAT will I get in. Would they consider my young age and take me.

ReputationRep:
    Wow 14 that's impressive! If you get the grades, have a good personality and a passion for the subject you want to study you might well get in. I'm not sure though and your age might also be a hindrance. Good luck though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Universities, even Oxford, are actually very reluctant to admit anyone under the age of 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    Wow 14 that's impressive! If you get the grades, have a good personality and a passion for the subject you want to study you might well get in. I'm not sure though and your age might also be a hindrance. Good luck though
    Thanks. But what happens if I get a grade less?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saboor 123)
    Thanks. But what happens if I get a grade less?
    I don't know sorry :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemuffin)
    I don't know sorry :/
    Ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinnoh)
    Universities, even Oxford, are actually very reluctant to admit anyone under the age of 16.
    Do you have an incident.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I am 14 and applying to Oxford University. I want to know if its possible for me to get in. I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics. The offer is A star and A,A. If I fall short of one grade can I get in? And if i do bad in the PAT will I get in. Would they consider my young age and take me.
    Wait until you're 18 to go to uni. You're WAY too young to be going to uni. They probably won't admit you due to being WAY too young. Why on earth would you want to go now?

ReputationRep:
    You won't get an interview if your PAT is bad. Has your school talked to Oxford as to whether they will consider someone your age?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Do you have an incident.
    What do you mean by that? No, I think that's just what was said on their website.

ReputationRep:
    what did you get in your gcses

ReputationRep:
    Why are you doing A levels at 14? Are you like some genius or something?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    You won't get an interview if your PAT is bad. Has your school talked to Oxford as to whether they will consider someone your age?
    they're homeschooled

I can't tell if he's an absolute child prodigy, lying or deluded, looking at their other posts.

ReputationRep:
    This has to be a troll. There is NO WAY a 14 year old can do A levels, just no way unless they are some kind of weirdo or something. If this post is true which I highly doubt it then what did you get in your GCSEs and at what age did you do them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    Wait until you're 18 to go to uni. You're WAY too young to be going to uni. They probably won't admit you due to being WAY too young. Why on earth would you want to go now?
    I have finished my GCSE's and am in year 13. Why would I not go. How on eartj can I study year 13 for 4 years. Thats crazy

ReputationRep:
    PAT is very important to getting in and your age won’t be an advantage. I would think they are quite strict on the grades, since *AA is actually lower than a fair few other places for physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    This has to be a troll. There is NO WAY a 14 year old can do A levels, just no way unless they are some kind of weirdo or something. If this post is true which I highly doubt it then what did you get in your GCSEs and at what age did you do them?
    I did my GCSE's in 2017. Got 7 A stars 4 A's and a B. This is not a troll. I am doing maths, further maths, physics and economics for A level and am expected to get 2 A stars and 2 As. I finished my As syllabus in 2 weeks. Working through A2 syllabus. I am self studying everythign and youtube is my teacher. This is clearly not a troll
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have finished my GCSE's and am in year 13. Why would I not go. How on eartj can I study year 13 for 4 years. Thats crazy
    Saying you're in year 13 is pointless when you're 14 and homeschooled, just saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    I am home schooled with no teacher and I self study. My exam centre gave me my reference to oxford and I am doing exams wiyh them. They said its completely fine.

ReputationRep:
    disguise of "Am i fit for oxford"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 5, 2018

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.