The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HarryC26
They pretty much said they were waiting for people to confirm or cancel their accommodation. Been looking at various options as in shared housing but feels a bit random! What about you?

they said that to me aswell, so much for the "Our intention remains to offer accommodation to any student who requires it."
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by maths_geek234
they said that to me aswell, so much for the "Our intention remains to offer accommodation to any student who requires it."

Could they not have emailed us a week ago saying that there was no chance we’d get accomodation? At least there’d have been a higher chance of at least getting private, now there’s nothing
Reply 82
I called them up earlier and they’ve allocated me somewhere at St. Peter’s Court. But they’re emailing us tomorrow because the woman that sorts out accommodation isn’t in today.
Reply 83
Original post by nj23
I called them up earlier and they’ve allocated me somewhere at St. Peter’s Court. But they’re emailing us tomorrow because the woman that sorts out accommodation isn’t in today.

I am so confused, contradictions everywhere, are there still vacancies because at this point my head’s gone
Original post by clegggers
I am so confused, contradictions everywhere, are there still vacancies because at this point my head’s gone

You and me both
Reply 85
BTW I am trying to organise a house share so it's just freshers. To try get as close to a halls experience as possible because when I rang today (as a student who had not shown interest prior to 24th August) they said accommodation is full and I should look elsewhere
Reply 86

Oh ****. I meant that the woman who sorts out accommodation at the St. Peter's Court is away today, so she couldn't allocate rooms to those who had been referred there by the university.
All I got was the email today at 5pm about waiting lists 👍
Reply 88
Original post by SuperHuman98
All I got was the email today at 5pm about waiting lists 👍

Same as most, at this point I think we have to hope that people cancel their accommodation tbh
I’m still very much hoping for halls, with shared housing I could end up with 2nd / 3rd years which wouldn’t be great :/

Yep, I feel exactly the same. Let’s just hope it all turns out right!
Reply 90
Just rang Nottingham and confirmed that the waiting list is pretty much for cancellations at this point. Gave them my ucas number and said i’d be prettty high on the list - my head’s gone
I'm in the exact same situation, would any of you be willing to look into sharing a house?
Reply 92
Original post by Kieran_La7
I'm in the exact same situation, would any of you be willing to look into sharing a house?

worse comes to worst i guess thats what we might have to do lol..
Original post by negzi
worse comes to worst i guess thats what we might have to do lol..

really crappy situation, would rather them tell us if there's nothing now so we can get on with it
Reply 94
I think a big factor as in the people who got accom and those who didnt ( out of the ppl that applied after results day ), apart from time you applied at is how strict you were.

i made my application around 3 pm on results day and ive heard of ppl who applied earlier but got nothing, yet i recieved accomdation.

i literally put down a few simple preferences but then made it clear at the bottom that even if they couldtn accom for any a single preference, i would take anything and i think that is a factor as in why i got accom.

either this, or that nottingham has a really terrible accommodation team. maybe a bit of both tbh
Hey any news so far? Did you get Accommodation? If not what are you thinking of doing now?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 96
I’m just going to wait the 5 working days it says on the email at this point and go from there.
Original post by Kieran_La7

lol i just phoned accomodation again today and with their response i might have to look into what your proposing
Reply 98
Original post by maths_geek234
lol i just phoned accomodation again today and with their response i might have to look into what your proposing

oh dear what are they saying now?
oh dear what are they saying now?

well the guy just sounded a bit pessimistic lol, i asked him about where i am in the waiting list and he said top half, n then he was like we will send out emails early next week, but if we can't help you then we will let you know by email.

im honestly just at my wits end

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending