The Student Room Group

What method of execution should the UK use in the event capital punishment returns?

Scroll to see replies

Peodophiles - tie a millstone about their neck and cast them into the sea and let them drown.

murderers - stone them

rapists - stone them

terrorists - put them against a firing wall and blow their brains out.
Original post by Nihilisticb*tch
I don't believe in capital punishment. However if any form were to return I'd say lethal injection as it is the most humane way of killing someone.

Is it?

Lethal injection involves messing about with the conscious prisoner for several hours.

Hanging as practised in the UK between 1868-1964 took less than 1 minute from the executioner entering the condemned cell to the breaking of the prisoner’s neck.

The Chinese method of execution by single bullet to the back of the head would be equally speedy.
Original post by nulli tertius
Is it?

Lethal injection involves messing about with the conscious prisoner for several hours.

Hanging as practised in the UK between 1868-1964 took less than 1 minute from the executioner entering the condemned cell to the breaking of the prisoner’s neck.

The Chinese method of execution by single bullet to the back of the head would be equally speedy.

hm i didn't know that. I think the chinese method is flawed in that the corpse will be deformed (by the bullet) and a lot of families wouldn't want that. I think the patient should be unconscious when they die so neither of those methods are great
Guillotine
I recommend the very humane and dignified Head Ripper as introduced in the state Ohio a few years ago
[video="youtube;lfsMMVgIToA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfsMMVgIToA[/video]
Original post by Mr Daily Mail
Civilised countries have capital punishment, the United States of America and Japan have capital punishment and both are civilised and top three global economies in the world. The number one economy China has lots of capital punishment despite it being civilised being debatable.

The USA does not have capital punishment.
Original post by Mr Daily Mail
So, after brexit we leave the EU and are allowed to leave the ECHR and repeal the Human Rights Act 1998 we bring back capital punishment what method should we use to execute murderers, rapists, terrorists and child sex offenders?

Hanging tbh makes sense from a traditional standpoint but I think the lethal injection would be the chosen one as it is the prime method used in the United States and China. However I am an advocate of the Electric Chair as I feel it is the most symbolic method of execution in the 20th century. Criminals then feared it and most likely today's criminals would do too. I would also have UK electric chairs painted yellow like the world famous yellow mama electric chair in Kilby State Prison in Montgomery, Alabama. Alabama one of the toughest states in regards to law and order, they along with Texas are states with law and order system that the UK (or England and Wales at least) should be trying to replicate.

Our membership of the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU.
There is no wish to bring back capital punishment so your threat is pointless.
Since capital punishment is symbolic in itself, the only appropriate punishment is to be publicly hung.
Snu snu !!!!!!!!!
It will not return. So I will not choose a hypothetical answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending