The Student Room Group

What should I do Alevel Btec Applied Science or Health and Social Care level3??

I am just choosing about my Alevel an Im really stuck.
I originally decided to do English Lit Chemistry and Pyschology bcause I believe they go hand in hand and I really wanted to do Pharmacy (thats gone now) But I cant do Chemistry because I didnt get the grades for science i needed to so now I have to choose between Applied Sciences or Health and Social Care both provide brilliant learning and experience. But I dont now which is more important and attractive to universities.
Plus i want to be in the medicine sector like Pharmacy or making medicine like biochemistry engineering or Pharmacetiucal sciences although i still unsure about my future this is a basic idea of what i want. I would be a really grateful if you reply and tell me whch is the best route for me?
Original post by rosemary56
I am just choosing about my Alevel an Im really stuck.
I originally decided to do English Lit Chemistry and Pyschology bcause I believe they go hand in hand and I really wanted to do Pharmacy (thats gone now) But I cant do Chemistry because I didnt get the grades for science i needed to so now I have to choose between Applied Sciences or Health and Social Care both provide brilliant learning and experience. But I dont now which is more important and attractive to universities.
Plus i want to be in the medicine sector like Pharmacy or making medicine like biochemistry engineering or Pharmacetiucal sciences although i still unsure about my future this is a basic idea of what i want. I would be a really grateful if you reply and tell me whch is the best route for me?

Hiya! Sorry to hear you didn’t get the grade to chemistry! :frown:

As for the other options you have, I wouldn’t choose a course based on its university appeal; I’d opt for the one you’re going to enjoy most and whichever follows your passions.

If you wish to pursue a medicine related career then I’d personally probably opt for applied science however you could do with asking people like college tutors if it would be your best choice. They are the best people to advise you, as are your GCSE teachers as they know what you’re capable of and where your ambitions lie.

Hope that helps a bit, but more than happy to discuss further if you need to :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest