Higher Administration and IT 2018-19 Watch

Piplup7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi everyone, this is a thread for anyone doing Higher Admin this year. You can ask questions, give advice or anything Higher Admin related.

So who’s doing it this year?
MedTalksWithJoy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi,

Just wanted to say that if anyone encounters any problems with Higher Admin, let me know! When I was in S5, I achieved an A, and I would be happy to help anyone!

Good Luck!
agirlcalledtheo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello, I am currently in S4 and I take Nat 5 Computing Science which I plan to take further. The trouble is I am dropping four subjects which leaves me having to either take Nat 5s and crashing Higher. I would really like to Crash because then I would feel like theirs no point in even taking them.
I guess my question is. How easy is it to crash Admin & IT? Would you reccomend it? and what is the course like? What kind of things do you learn?
MedTalksWithJoy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by agirlcalledtheo)
Hello, I am currently in S4 and I take Nat 5 Computing Science which I plan to take further. The trouble is I am dropping four subjects which leaves me having to either take Nat 5s and crashing Higher. I would really like to Crash because then I would feel like theirs no point in even taking them.
I guess my question is. How easy is it to crash Admin & IT? Would you reccomend it? and what is the course like? What kind of things do you learn?
Computing science is a very different course to admininstration and IT, so I would make sure that you're going to enjoy the course first. Higher admin is regarded as a 'crashable' subjects, however I'd check with the admin teachers in your school before taking it Good luck!
Piplup7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by agirlcalledtheo)
Hi, I’m currently crashing Higher Admin (having never done Nat 5 before) and so far I found it quite easy. In Higher Admin, we learn about theory such as the role of an admin assistant, effective teams, meetings etc as well as the practical side of the course which involves going on a computer and doing e-diaries, word documents, PowerPoints, spreadsheets etc. The theory to me is just common sense majority of the time and the practical should be fine once you know what you’re doing. I have never done Nat 5 Computing Science before but I would recommend doing Admin at Higher if you believe in yourself and practice the practical and theory bits until you get it. Definitely ask the teacher for help if you don’t understand it at any point!

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed