The Student Room Group

NSAA Cambridge

Hey I have talked with an admission professor from Cambridge and also some students studying biological Natsci at Cambridge and they all told me that the NSAA was just a simple exam testing basic AS level knowledge and that it was only intended to eliminate weak candidates. They told me about 70-80% of candidates who take the test were admitted and that much preparation wasn't actually necessary for the test.
Does anyone have any info about the NSAA? Have you guys heard the same?
Reply 1
Original post by jklasjrkx123
Hey I have talked with an admission professor from Cambridge and also some students studying biological Natsci at Cambridge and they all told me that the NSAA was just a simple exam testing basic AS level knowledge and that it was only intended to eliminate weak candidates. They told me about 70-80% of candidates who take the test were admitted and that much preparation wasn't actually necessary for the test.
Does anyone have any info about the NSAA? Have you guys heard the same?

From what I've heard, it's not at all intended to eliminate weak candidate, much rather the opposite, it's designed to give candidates who are weaker on paper a chance to prove themselves.
Also I wouldn't say it's testing basic AS knowledge. A lot of people find it quite hard.

Quick Reply

Latest