Yassss, you’ll be queen of the college by next week! ❤️🙌🏽
Original post by RazzzBerries
Oh jeez

moral of the story is to never exercise again
Original post by RazzzBerries
Yassss, you’ll be queen of the college by next week! ❤️🙌🏽

Ah thank you sis!!:h:
Original post by troubletracking
Period 2 was l'anglais, where we went back over the analysis of No, Thank You, John and From the Antique, by Rossetti. Don't think I enjoy this collection as much as I enjoyed the Power and Conflict stuff from GCSE, but I haven't read them all so I'm probably not the best to judge. We also got our baseline assessment thingys back from when we did them on Wednesday, where we had to write two paragraphs on In the Round Tower at Jhansi, and I got 26/30, which was an A. First off, what the hell is an A, because I only speak in 9-1 lingo now (thanks mikey luv u xox), but arguably more importantly, I'm actually so thrilled with that. I really was expecting a D or something purely because I've heard of how big of the gulf in standard there is between GCSE and A-level, and I know that I'm not an actual A grade a level student at the moment because the grades were subjective to the class and we didn't do a whole question anyway, but it just made me feel a whole lot more confident about this A-level lark than I was before.

Ooooof. We got our baselines assessments back for English language (looking at how language has changed through time), and it wasn't pretty. I got the second highest for English language in our A-level cohort with a stonking mark of 10/30. Yep, it was that bad. It's the first slap I've received since year 9, and it hurt quite a bit. I believe the highest scorer (in the other class) was awarded 15/30 marks. I'm so f*cked for A-level. F*cking ********.

I'm also having to wean myself off that stupid nine-point numerical grading scale for GCSE. I will never understand why they never bothered to convert the grading system for A-levels. **** can get confusing.

Finally, sixth period rolled around.

Doesn't exist in my world.

Kinda wish I requested my scripts for English just so I could read them back, but it's a little late now and i'm not in contact with my old school so *shrug*

I only requested them so that my teacher could have them; she asked if she could use them as exemplars.

If by enjoy you mean 'still can't go up and down stairs painlessly 48 hours after exercise', then yeah I'm having a blast

Fam, no pain, no gain, you get me blud? Gonna be the strongest in the gyaldem, innit fam.
(edited 5 years ago)
Don't know how I did it tbh:redface:
Yeah:lovehug:
I was such a dance mat typing rebel back in year 2... guess who never put her fingers on the home row and just used to type one handed:giggle:

Regardless, it was a very impressive feat :king1: I'm sorry you're still sore though.. :console:
:lovehug:
:rofl: Somehow, I can imagine that.. (Can you still type onehandedly? :giggle:)
I gave up trying to tidy my room as well... :getmecoat:
bad weather always strikes at the worst time :sad:
are you enjoying french??
It's 48 hours later and I still can't move send help:redface:

if this post doesn't sum up my experiences with any form of exercise then i don't know what does.
Friday, 21st September 2018
Today's timetable: French (P1), English (P2), History (P6)
Post length: Pretty average by Meghan standards

I actually cannot believe I've just finished my third week of college. It simultaneously feels like I've been there years, but at the same time, I feel like I only started yesterday. It's insane, and these next two years are prolly gonna fly by, which I'm not sure how I feel about.
It was first period Friday again, which meant getting up at 6am while it was (still) pouring it down. Unpopular opinion (or maybe not idk) but I really like the rain, although perhaps not when I'm in a torrential downpour power-walking up the hill into school without an umberella. Autumn/ Winter over summer any day.
First period was French, where we had our third vocab test of the week. Yesterday, we got our other two vocab tests back and I got 14.5/15 on the general vocab (lost half a mark cos I forgot to put the hat on the e in être) and 14/15 in the present tense regulars. Today was present tense irregulars, which I'd been dreading because there's SO MANY, so I don't think it was my finest hour. There were a few that I wasn't sure on so I went by my usual tactic of chopping a few letters off the end and whacking on -ez for the vous form in a desperate cry for help. Then we did some reading translation-y stuff, which I do quite enjoy because there's no speaking involved, and, as per, got given another sheet for homework. I think French for me is that subject where you're always just bombarded with so many sheets you don't even know what to do with. Have my school got their own private section of the Amazon Rainforest where all this paper comes from, or what?

Period 2 was l'anglais, where we went back over the analysis of No, Thank You, John and From the Antique, by Rossetti. Don't think I enjoy this collection as much as I enjoyed the Power and Conflict stuff from GCSE, but I haven't read them all so I'm probably not the best to judge. We also got our baseline assessment thingys back from when we did them on Wednesday, where we had to write two paragraphs on In the Round Tower at Jhansi, and I got 26/30, which was an A. First off, what the hell is an A, because I only speak in 9-1 lingo now (thanks mikey luv u xox), but arguably more importantly, I'm actually so thrilled with that. I really was expecting a D or something purely because I've heard of how big of the gulf in standard there is between GCSE and A-level, and I know that I'm not an actual A grade a level student at the moment because the grades were subjective to the class and we didn't do a whole question anyway, but it just made me feel a whole lot more confident about this A-level lark than I was before.

Then began the usual Friday fun of break, two free periods, followed by lunch and another free for good measure. The four of us went into town with an agenda of errands, although the weather had other plans and decided 11:05 was the absolute perfect time to unleash storm Bronagh (is that even the right one idek don't @ me yr11 geog teacher). We first went to the train station to see if they'd let my friend refund some train tickets she'd bought to Liverpool, which apparently weren't refundable, and then we went to hmv so I could buy my dad a CD for his birthday. We then went into Wilko (bad decision: Wilko is my one true love and we can never part), and I got too excited and bought a hole punch and a stapler ("you really know how to kick off the weekend"- the girl who sits next to me in history), and my friend got too excited with the Pick and Mix. One of us had to go back for third forth period, and then there we three, so we trudged to Sainsbury's and bought lunch.

After almost fighting for a table in the main foyer, we sat and ate lunch, before getting on with some work, although I've never been one to be all that productive when I'm sat with friends. I could finally properly organise my folder with my snazzy hole punch, and it's getting to the point where I need to start transferring sheets from my day folder into my big ass subject folders, especially with history, because I don't need my notes on topic one in the lessons anymore. My other friend then left to go to fifth period, so my friend and I did a bit more homework. I made a start on the French, and also rewrote a few more history notes. I've got literally loads to do at the weekend on reforms, but we'll pretend they don't exist for now for my own mental sanity.

Finally, sixth period rolled around, and we did the National Insurance Act in history, and I'm not quite sure how much I understand about what is actually going on. My only knowledge of what a 'subsidy' comes from my GCSE history days with Henry VIII, and I had no idea insurance works by the companies taking the money an investing it into government bonds or something, whatever they are. My knowledge of the actual world is really quite astonishingly poor. I can still quote Macbeth but idk what the hell stocks even are or who's the current Chancellor of the Exchequer atm, but oh well at least I've got the date of the economic crisis engrained into my brain (1837). I digress, but I guess I really need to go over all these liberal reforms this weekend huh:redface:

I never do work after school on a Friday, so I've spent most of this evening messing around on my guitar and attempting to tidy my bedroom before giving up and going on TSR instead. I've had a pretty good week this weed apart from, you know, almost passing out mid-park run. I did my run two days ago now, and my legs are still killing me. Yesterday I could barely get out of bed and had to get my mum to tie my shoelaces cos I couldn't bend down (and still can't:frown:). I was hoping I'd be able to go for a run on Saturday, but I might have to wait until Monday because, damn, I didn't think I was this out of shape. So, yeah. Bar that, I've kinda been enjoying school as of late.

Pour souls who have committed to being tagged:
(if you're also slightly masochistic, lemme know if you wanna be tagged- or removed, for that matter)

Spoiler

My school has the plot in the amazon next to yours xD
well done on english!

It's 48 hours later and I still can't move send help:redface:

:toofunny:
So sorry about all these late responses! I did read them a few days ago but sorta forgot about responding whoops:blushing:

Original post by nyxnko_
Regardless, it was a very impressive feat :king1: I'm sorry you're still sore though.. :console:
:lovehug:
:rofl: Somehow, I can imagine that.. (Can you still type onehandedly? :giggle:)
I gave up trying to tidy my room as well... :getmecoat:

Wooo guess who can move their legs again?:yeah:
Afraid not:frown: What a skill that was:biggrin:
My messy desk might just be rivalling yours at this point:redface:

Original post by Tolgarda
Ooooof. We got our baselines assessments back for English language (looking at how language has changed through time), and it wasn't pretty. I got the second highest for English language in our A-level cohort with a stonking mark of 10/30. Yep, it was that bad. It's the first slap I've received since year 9, and it hurt quite a bit. I believe the highest scorer (in the other class) was awarded 15/30 marks. I'm so f*cked for A-level. F*cking ********.
I'm also having to wean myself off that stupid nine-point numerical grading scale for GCSE. I will never understand why they never bothered to convert the grading system for A-levels. **** can get confusing.
Doesn't exist in my world.
I only requested them so that my teacher could have them; she asked if she could use them as exemplars.
Fam, no pain, no gain, you get me blud? Gonna be the strongest in the gyaldem, innit fam.

Second highest is still an impressive feat man. I wouldn't be put down by it- our teacher marked ours subjectively I think, so in a real exam mine wouldn't actually be 26/30, if you get me. And you are most definitely not ****ed. If anyone's ****ed, it's not you. WE've just started the course, and you've got two whole years to get it up to 30/30, and i've no doubt you'll get there:wink:
Ahahah I agree:biggrin:
Nah, there's only 6 periods on a Friday cos they're 60 minutes each. Monday to Thursday, there's 5 70 minute periods. God knows why.
That made me laugh:lol:

Original post by clouddbubbles
bad weather always strikes at the worst time :sad:
are you enjoying french??

Ik:frown:
Mmm not so sure tbh. I definitely don't hate it, but it's my hardest subject by far and it's not all that exciting so far but I guess I'm sorta enjoying it a grammar filled masochistic kinda way:redface:

Original post by emilynxlan
if this post doesn't sum up my experiences with any form of exercise then i don't know what does.

PRSOM:smile:
Your comments always make me laugh:giggle:

Original post by DominicW123
My school has the plot in the amazon next to yours xD

RIP my old geography teacher when she finds out, she'll be quaking:biggrin:

Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on english!
:toofunny:

Aw thank you!!:h:
I can walk up stairs now:tongue:
Monday, 24th September 2018
Today's timetable: History (P2), French (P4)
Post length: As short as it's gonna get (sorry Kei)

Hello hello hello, welcome back to the shitshow and hopefully, your weekend was pretty dope (a futile attempt at rhyme, don't @ me Rossetti). It's rather late into the evening, I've surprisingly done all of my work for this evening (i didn't have that much, it's a not a miracle I swear) and I've got one of my weird playlists on, so the usual really.

My first period today was second period, if that makes any sense, and it was history. We've just about finished the second topic, which is liberal reforms, and I've got quite a few notes to copy up that I was supposed to do yesterday (spoiler: they didn't all get done), but it's no matter as I've got two frees tomorrow where I can finish rewriting all the juicy goss about the 1911 National Insurance Act, which is as exciting as it sounds. There was also a cheeky end of topic test our teacher surprised us with, so thanks for that, I had a great time making up how many shillings were given out in the initial old age pensions.

I had break, then went into the library for lunch where I did my French homework, and imported the vocab into Quizlet for tomorrow's vocab test (cutting it a bit close there gal) before going over it a few times. Our teacher actually has a quizlet class thingy where she puts all the vocab in for us and we've all be invited to join it, but so far I haven't because my Quizlet name is something embarrassing like vampiremojo (sexyvampiremojo was taken:frown:) and i've got this fear she's gonna be like "Um, who's vampiremojo?" during a lesson and my friends whom I've told this dark dark secret will all turn to look at me with their eyebrows raised.

After lunch was French, where we got our present tense irregulars back and I got 23/24! Wasn't expecting that, but wow that's pretty neat. Monday was listening day so it was a solid hour of me scowling intently at the computer home screen as if that was somehow going to improve my listening skills. We did a bunch of old exam papers from way back when in 2002, which is practically Ye Olde French tbh, and as per usual I had very little clue about what was going on. You know when you're in a listening exam and you've got no idea so you just have to go by the tone of their voice? Yeah it was like that:redface:

It was (it is?? Think was sounds better) my Dad's birthday today so we had a 'party' thing after he came home from work which was mainly us all getting excited over cake, and then my mum and I were supposed to go on a run this evening (was actually meant to go on Saturday but I woke up too late lol), but we looked at each other and was like "nah", so that didn't happen either. I did have a very français evening, however.

French:

Did the French homework set today and due tomorrow (seriously??), which wasn't actually all that much. It was just a gap fill reading comprehension thingy that took me a little while to get there, but I did in the end. Then I actually did some Memrise *crowds rejoice*, and tried again to set up Microsoft 365, but it's still not having it and saying either my password or my username's wrong but it's the one I got emailed by school so idk?? Will probably just end up paying for a subscription again instead of actually seeing someone about it but oh well Google docs hasn't failed me just yet.

Pour souls who have committed to being tagged:
(if you're also slightly masochistic, lemme know if you wanna be tagged- or removed, for that matter)

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
So sorry about all these late responses! I did read them a few days ago but sorta forgot about responding whoops:blushing:

Sh*t happens lol. We all forgive you haha.

Second highest is still an impressive feat man. I wouldn't be put down by it- our teacher marked ours subjectively I think, so in a real exam mine wouldn't actually be 26/30, if you get me. And you are most definitely not ****ed. If anyone's ****ed, it's not you. WE've just started the course, and you've got two whole years to get it up to 30/30, and i've no doubt you'll get there
Ahahah I agree
Nah, there's only 6 periods on a Friday cos they're 60 minutes each. Monday to Thursday, there's 5 70 minute periods. God knows why.
That made me laugh

I'm not really upset about being second. I'm not that competitive. That example was merely used to demonstrate how the test rived our cohort. Even some of the better students didn't fare too well, so I think it really highlighted a real lack of preparation for the exam and understanding of the mark-scheme's requirements. I'll try and improve to a standard suitable for this level of study (Don't really have much of a f*cking choice though, do I?). Thanks for the little confidence boost though aha.

Oh, I see. You still have longer school days than us though, which is good.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Tolgarda
Sh*t happens lol. We all forgive you haha.

I'm not really upset about being second. I'm not that competitive. That example was merely used to demonstrate how the test rived our cohort. Even some of the better students didn't fare too well, so I think it really highlighted a real lack of preparation for the exam and understanding of the mark-scheme's requirements. I'll try and improve to a standard suitable for this level of study (Don't really have much of a f*cking choice though, do I?). Thanks for the little confidence boost though aha.

Oh, I see. You still have longer school days than us though, which is good.

Much appreciated:redface:
Yeah, think of it as a learning curve. You ain't gonna get worse than that, and the only way is up from there, especially if you know where you went wrong and where to improve.
Don't remind me lmao I'm in 08:45 till 15:55 tomorrow:frown:
@troubletracking Sorry I haven't been responding recently. I have loads of stuff going on at the moment and I'm sick so I haven't had the willpower respond to anyone. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon so keep me tagged. Sorry again. :sorry:
Wooo guess who can move their legs again?:yeah:
Afraid not:frown: What a skill that was:biggrin:
My messy desk might just be rivalling yours at this point:redface:

That's okay :hugs:
Yayyyyy!! :woo:
:rofl: Pity you've lost that skill..
:five:

Ooh! A short-ish post :gah:
Is it the 'out of focus fairy lights' playlist? :rofl:
I think you can change your username only ONCE on Quizlet so if you're really desperate for a new username, it might be worth it :dontknow: (although vampiremojo? seriously?)
Well done with that French irregulars test thing! :woo:
You're doing a lot of French :tongue:
well done on french :smile:
Original post by MaizieAmyr
@troubletracking Sorry I haven't been responding recently. I have loads of stuff going on at the moment and I'm sick so I haven't had the willpower respond to anyone. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon so keep me tagged. Sorry again. :sorry:

There's no need to apologise haha; I've been a bit lax too with responding recently:redface: Always prioritise yourself if you're busy if you're ill cos these blogs aren't gonna go anywhere, so don't be so hard on yourself. You're doing great sweetie!! Get well soon:hugs:
Don't be sorry, take time for yourself:h:
Original post by nyxnko_
That's okay :hugs:
Yayyyyy!! :woo:
:rofl: Pity you've lost that skill..
:five:

Ooh! A short-ish post :gah:
Is it the 'out of focus fairy lights' playlist? :rofl:
I think you can change your username only ONCE on Quizlet so if you're really desperate for a new username, it might be worth it :dontknow: (although vampiremojo? seriously?)
Well done with that French irregulars test thing! :woo:
You're doing a lot of French :tongue:

short-ish phaha:redface:
I'm afraid not, this was the debatably even weirder 'sexy ass modest mouse' playlist *don't know whether this situation calls for the :lol: or the :facepalm:*
One chance??? No pressure:s-smilie: vampiremojo is a reference to a book series haha I swear I didn't come up with that monstrosity on my own:biggrin:
Merci!!:hugs:
Ik, been feeling a bit overwhelmed recently so tryna up my French game
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on french :smile:

merci beaucoup, ma copine:h:

(dunno if i've done the genders right tbh:dontknow: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending