The Student Room Group

can i get a degree job without a degree

may sound like a stupid question, but for example with this:
https://jobs.jpmorganchase.com/ShowJob/Id/164546/CIB-%E2%80%93-Investment-Banking-%E2%80%93-FIG-Insurance-Team-Analyst/

would they literally just ignore every applicant without a degree? or is there a possibility that with the right experience and knowledge someone could get in without one? i really want to be an investment banker but i dont want to waste my time and money at uni to get there
Sounds pretty unlikely, unless you have a portfolio and previous experience in the industry.
You could try to become an Intern and you may have the possibility of working full time for them.

But jobs like JPMorgan will most definitely decline someone without a degree, see them as the elites.
edit ^ it states that a Degree is required below in that post
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds pretty unlikely, unless you have a portfolio and previous experience in the industry.
You could try to become an Intern and you may have the possibility of working full time for them.

But jobs like JPMorgan will most definitely decline someone without a degree, see them as the elites.

Original post by Anonymous
edit ^ it states that a Degree is required below in that post

so what can i do at 18 do get experience as a day trader? ive been learning how to trade for about a year now, and i make a decent amount with demo accounts (but i understand its not the real thing so is slightly differen), but i cant make anything once i have an account as ill need minimum 20-30k really, i could do an apprenticeship in accountancy but id rather do something thats actually relevant to day trading... are there not firms that take people on at 18 and teach them how to trade?
You aren't getting an Analyst job at JP Morgan without internships, let alone a degree. Get real goddammit.
Some employers may well be flexible - particularly if someone never got a degree but has years of valuable work experience and a solid CV. A good example of this is the Civil Service Fast Stream, which typically requires a degree, but I read a blog post from someone who didn't have a degree but got a Fast Stream place after already working in the Civil Service.

But the job you're referring to is at JP Morgan so I wouldn't exactly hold my breath for that. Really competitive grad jobs will have far too many applicants that are fully qualified including internships and work experience. Not having a degree - not meeting the very basic requirements - is a good way to have your application dismissed instantly in those scenarios.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending