The Student Room Group

Primary Education in South East

Hi, I'm looking at primary education in the south eastern areas, I do have a few choices like Chichester, Canterbury, Reading & Brighton - I still need others - however I'm wondering if anyone has been accepted even if they didn't get the entry requirements? Thank you so much :smile:
Which entry requirements specifically are you talking about?

GCSEs are statutory requirements for teaching- so there is no flexibility on these. Slightly lower A-level grades could be overlooked if you interview well, though.
Reply 2
A Level requirements are typically BBC or BBB depending on the university
Original post by Cpullen10
A Level requirements are typically BBC or BBB depending on the university

OK, and what do you think you'll be predicted?
Hi, I'm looking at primary education in the south eastern areas, I do have a few choices like Chichester, Canterbury, Reading & Brighton - I still need others - however I'm wondering if anyone has been accepted even if they didn't get the entry requirements? Thank you so much :smile:

Hi, we are delighted to be one of your choices for Primary Education! For teaching courses we always interview and it's also a great chance for you to see our campus, meet the lecturers and to see if it's the right University for you.

We do make offers on an individual basis especially after an interview. If you have any more questions then feel free to ask!
Reply 5
Thank you!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by SarcAndSpark
OK, and what do you think you'll be predicted?

Hiya I'm predicted ABB however I currently feel that I may get ABC or BBC/D (just started year13)
Hiya I'm predicted ABB however I currently feel that I may get ABC or BBC/D (just started year13)

If you get an offer and miss it by a grade or two (e.g. end up with BBB/ABC) you may be let in anyway. As Primary Education will usually interview, they'd usually rather take candidates they've seen at interview than candidates via clearing as well.

If BBC is about the worst case scenario, it sounds like the unis you're looking at are fine :h:
Reply 8
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If you get an offer and miss it by a grade or two (e.g. end up with BBB/ABC) you may be let in anyway. As Primary Education will usually interview, they'd usually rather take candidates they've seen at interview than candidates via clearing as well.

If BBC is about the worst case scenario, it sounds like the unis you're looking at are fine :h:

Thank you for all your help and reassurance, wish you all the best
Thank you for all your help and reassurance, wish you all the best

No problem. Do come and join us on the Teacher training, teaching and education jobs forum as well if you want to chat to other prospective teachers :h:
Thread moved to the Undergraduate Education forum, the appropriate forum for Primary Education courses.

Have you looked at Oxford Brookes? Very highly regarded Primary education course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending