The Student Room Group

Sponging friend

Hi all thanks for letting me in. My problem is my ex friend she took advantage of my good nature ( money wise ) for so long with her tales of woe and poverty I give into her every time so I had to put a stop to it but as soon as I did she got other friends involved but making me be bad person ( to keep herself right ) I am meeting these other friends soon but don't want to make them be uncomfortable what can I do?
Original post by margaretgordon
Hi all thanks for letting me in. My problem is my ex friend she took advantage of my good nature ( money wise ) for so long with her tales of woe and poverty I give into her every time so I had to put a stop to it but as soon as I did she got other friends involved but making me be bad person ( to keep herself right ) I am meeting these other friends soon but don't want to make them be uncomfortable what can I do?

If they ask or you feel theres a problem then just tell them the reason why without slating your old friend.

Alternatively you could just say you had a disagreement or had different ideas about how friendship works and that you hope it doesnt affect how you get along with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending