The Student Room Group

Are citizens well represented in the UK???

I need an against please, and your view...i am struggling so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well there are multiple synoptic links to make the judgement that there isn’t that much of a coherence with representation in the U.K. and these are a few:

On a European Parliament level when analysing the EU, the representation of the MEP’s is insufficient, firstly although they are elected to be more proportional to the vote worth of the European elections the lack of turnout to the European elections in the U.K. can justify a poor means of democratic representation in regards to consent, in 2014 the turnout was 35.6% a clear justification for a democratic deficit caused by a participation crisis, what this signifies is a clear lack of legitimacy these MEP’s have into making consensus upon majoritarian or unanimous decisions within the European Parliament such as to exemplify the European general data protection regulation, what’s also alarming is the lack of public acknowledgement of the EU or it’s processes (as signified in the EU referendum) provides a clear rift between the MEP’s and the constituents they represent.
Original post by Wellnowhe
Well there are multiple synoptic links to make the judgement that there isn’t that much of a coherence with representation in the U.K. and these are a few:6

On a European Parliament level when analysing the EU, the representation of the MEP’s is insufficient, firstly although they are elected to be more proportional to the vote worth of the European elections the lack of turnout to the European elections in the U.K. can justify a poor means of democratic representation in regards to consent, in 2014 the turnout was 35.6% a clear justification for a democratic deficit caused by a participation crisis, what this signifies is a clear lack of legitimacy these MEP’s have into making consensus upon majoritarian or unanimous decisions within the European Parliament such as to exemplify the European general data protection regulation, what’s also alarming is the lack of public acknowledgement of the EU or it’s processes (as signified in the EU referendum) provides a clear rift between the MEP’s and the constituents they represent.

Do you take politics and are you an A* student???
Original post by A level RPP
Do you take politics and are you an A* student???

I’m in my second year, and yes I have achieved an A at As
Original post by Wellnowhe
I’m in my second year, and yes I have achieved an A at As

How do you do research??? How do you take notes??? Are there any websites you recommend??? Thanks!!
You have to figure that for yourself, I can’t imply any formula as studying methods are individualistic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending