The Student Room Group

Prospective mature student in need of help from other mature students

So this is a question for the mature students (or at least those who know a mature student who might have been in the same situation that I'm currently in).

I recently gained admission to study in the UK as a mature student, however I have been away from education for quite sometime now as I have always been self-sponsored so I had to work for some years to raise up a substantial amount of funds for my education as well as my sustenance, I now feel like I have some amount of money that could go a long way in covering the necessary expenditures towards my tuition, accommodation and basic sustenance but my concern here is how to convince the visa authorities on why I have decided to resume my education after a long time away from the four corners of educational institutions.

I was told that I might have to write an introduction letter explaining all of this. Has anyone else found themselves in a position similar to mine? Can anyone please tell me how to go about this? I would be very grateful.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not know what the best advice is regarding your visa. I think you may find some advice from contacting the admissions team of your chosen university, maybe even contacting citizens advice also?

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep
Reply 3
Original post by WrexhamUniReps
Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not know what the best advice is regarding your visa. I think you may find some advice from contacting the admissions team of your chosen university, maybe even contacting citizens advice also?

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep

Thanks Victoria. How do I reach Citizens advice?
Original post by Stanhere
Anyone?

Can't help with the visa question but I am curious, are you coming back to the UK just to study? If yes, I have to ask... why? There are much cheaper options for international students in Europe. With probably less strict work conditions, too.
Original post by Stanhere
Thanks Victoria. How do I reach Citizens advice?

I'm not sure where you are based, but you should be able to google your local citizens advice office and make an appointment to see them.

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending