The Student Room Group

Not using student bank account

I was wondering it's viable to create a student account but not use it all. Heres why, I'm still in the process of making an account with HSBC but I also have an under 19s one at Lloyds. Currently, the money from SFE is going to the Lloyds one. However, as I move into accommodation on Friday and I have to print off a payment plan, my last resort is to have the money go to current account and pay for accommodation from that.
As in the application, I told HSBC I would get student loan money into this new account, would I be able to hold these accounts and not get sued or something for not using the student account?
Original post by DavidLuiz71
I was wondering it's viable to create a student account but not use it all. Heres why, I'm still in the process of making an account with HSBC but I also have an under 19s one at Lloyds. Currently, the money from SFE is going to the Lloyds one. However, as I move into accommodation on Friday and I have to print off a payment plan, my last resort is to have the money go to current account and pay for accommodation from that.
As in the application, I told HSBC I would get student loan money into this new account, would I be able to hold these accounts and not get sued or something for not using the student account?

You might not get the benefits associated with the HSBC account if they find out your SFE Loan isn't going into it. No one really knows though.

What I can tell you is that they're not going to sue over something so trivial.
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
You might not get the benefits associated with the HSBC account if they find out your SFE Loan isn't going into it. No one really knows though.

What I can tell you is that they're not going to sue over something so trivial.

Should I just tell them to cancel the opening of the account. I think it'll be for the best
Original post by DavidLuiz71
Should I just tell them to cancel the opening of the account. I think it'll be for the best

If you don't need it and you're happy with your existing account, then yes. The main difference with a student account is the overdraft, I don't know whether you need that.

As for your accommodation you can pay that from anywhere, some people have their parents pay it so it doesn't matter which account you use.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending