The Student Room Group

Connected wrong account to residence contract

When submitting my application for accommodation, I used my personal bank account in order to reserve the room. I was under the impression that you could change the bank account to the student account that I had not yet opened. Now I have the student account and I do not see a way to change the connected account. Is there a way to do this?
This is specifically for University of Sheffield but I would appreciate any help even if its unrelated to the same uni. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by 1 e^iπ + 0
When submitting my application for accommodation, I used my personal bank account in order to reserve the room. I was under the impression that you could change the bank account to the student account that I had not yet opened. Now I have the student account and I do not see a way to change the connected account. Is there a way to do this?
This is specifically for University of Sheffield but I would appreciate any help even if its unrelated to the same uni. Thanks.

I suspect you've provided the bank details to be used for a Direct Debit. A Direct Debit is where you authorise an organisation to request payment from your bank account -- and so it will be the accommodation provider that you've given the details to. You'll need to contact the accommodation provider to give them the details for your student account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending