The Student Room Group

can't choose degree course

I've finished year 13 and I've been thinking about what I want to study for a year. I currently have a place on natural sciences but if I don't pay a deposit today, that goes. I am thinking of taking a gap year to decide, but I think there's only a small possibility I will be able to decide. Medicine is another course I'm considering but the PS would need to be sent off next month. Do I just go to uni this year, it will be the most obvious way to know whether I have chosen the right course or made a mistake... or should I take a gap year with the possibility of not knowing still and just studying natural sciences in a year, having had a year off that I didn't really want to take.
Deposit meaning for accomodation?
Reply 2
Original post by quirky editor
Deposit meaning for accomodation?

yep
if youre unsure about what to do in uni, then you shouldnt go to uni at all
If you’re unsure don’t go
Original post by Gent2324

what should you do instead
Reply 6
Original post by Gent2324

i think I should go to uni, whether this year or next year to get a degree so more jobs are available to me. I think the reason why I can't decide is because i'm just an indecisive person. Other people go without overthinking it as much as I have
Original post by quirky editor
what should you do instead

anything

Original post by A*my
i think I should go to uni, whether this year or next year to get a degree so more jobs are available to me. I think the reason why I can't decide is because i'm just an indecisive person. Other people go without overthinking it as much as I have

ok, just be cautious, i dont know much about you obviously but i know a few people that do a degree just for the sake of doing a degree and pick a random subject thinking that a job will come walking to them when they finish. thats why i say you musst be 100% sure that you want to do a degree and said degree is the best option for you and you know what will happen when you finish that degree
Original post by A*my

Dont go to uni this year - you're more likely to rush into it and not think about what you really want to do. Its okay to not know now, it might even be a few years time when you end up going to uni. Hopefully on your gap year you will find what you really enjoy.
Original post by A*my
I've finished year 13 and I've been thinking about what I want to study for a year. I currently have a place on natural sciences but if I don't pay a deposit today, that goes. I am thinking of taking a gap year to decide, but I think there's only a small possibility I will be able to decide. Medicine is another course I'm considering but the PS would need to be sent off next month. Do I just go to uni this year, it will be the most obvious way to know whether I have chosen the right course or made a mistake... or should I take a gap year with the possibility of not knowing still and just studying natural sciences in a year, having had a year off that I didn't really want to take.

Yeah same here! im in year 12 though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending