The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WinterDucky
Yeah but last year they were given later than usual. The year before it was around the 7th that they came out I think.

Hmm I was told "3/4 weeks" before I left so i'm hoping that it is earlier this year. Barts tend to stick to their deadlines
So it seems the consensus is between the 7th and 21st... I can live with that. Since they were so friendly and relaxed at the interview I feel more warmly toward them than others Uni’s 😂
Reply 382
can anybody confirm how many of us are getting offers? is it 39 + the waiting list or 60 + the waiting list?
Original post by ge-med
can anybody confirm how many of us are getting offers? is it 39 + the waiting list or 60 + the waiting list?

We receive well over 1,500 applications for entry and interview about 200 candidates. Approximately 60 offers are made, and 39 students will be admitted
Original post by Dr Otter
We receive well over 1,500 applications for entry and interview about 200 candidates. Approximately 60 offers are made, and 39 students will be admitted

I’m curious what happens if more people firm Barts than there are places?
I’m curious what happens if more people firm Barts than there are places?

I imagine it’s 39 offers and then a ranked waiting list up to 60. Since a medical school cant increase its number of places as they are government funded.

But I could be wrong.
Original post by Knurse1991
I imagine it’s 39 offers and then a ranked waiting list up to 60. Since a medical school cant increase its number of places as they are government funded.

But I could be wrong.

I assume it's set up like how they overbook flights but have been doing it long enough that they know roughly the percentage that wont turn up.

One thing I was just thinking... Graduate interviews were 15-18 January right? With 2 sessions a day and 12 people per session. That would only be 96 candidates. Is there something I'm missing?
Original post by Dr Otter
I assume it's set up like how they overbook flights but have been doing it long enough that they know roughly the percentage that wont turn up.

One thing I was just thinking... Graduate interviews were 15-18 January right? With 2 sessions a day and 12 people per session. That would only be 96 candidates. Is there something I'm missing?

I thought it was either 3/4 sessions a day. As I know there were two morning slots so presume 2 afternoon slots too?
Reply 388
Original post by Knurse1991
I thought it was either 3/4 sessions a day. As I know there were two morning slots so presume 2 afternoon slots too?

same - it seems people had slots starting 8:15, 10, 12 and 2! from what i've read and heard :smile: maybe not all 4 every day
Original post by ge-med
same - it seems people had slots starting 8:15, 10, 12 and 2! from what i've read and heard :smile: maybe not all 4 every day

Okay that makes more sense. That takes it to ~192. Guess the first hour session of the interview was there to stop us meeting the previous group in the overlap
(Original post by Dr Otter)Okay that makes more sense. That takes it to ~192. Guess the first hour session of the interview was there to stop us meeting the previous group in the overlap

We only had 10 in our group, I’m guessing a couple of no shows
Original post by digifab
(Original post by Dr Otter)Okay that makes more sense. That takes it to ~192. Guess the first hour session of the interview was there to stop us meeting the previous group in the overlap

We only had 10 in our group, I’m guessing a couple of no shows

We only had 9 in ours
Who thinks we’ll hear this week?

I think it'll be at least 2 weeks, probably more.
Original post by jezami
I think it'll be at least 2 weeks, probably more.

Agreeed
Original post by SPhilip
Agreeed

Just being hopefully as it was 7th/8th Feb in 2017 & 2016 :P
Reply 396

I really hope so... considering this year they're only ranking us by interview score, I can't imagine it will take toooo long? Also I've noticed schools like to give decisions in the first half of the week for any queries etc so MAYBE in the next few days? who knows. I'm just sick of waiting :biggrin:
I would guess that they have to type up all the handwritten notes (188 candidates worth, interview and group task for each candidate - I don't know about you, but my interviewer wrote a LOT), check scores across each individual interviewer to make sure there weren't any who were consistently marking lower / higher, adjust candidate scores if necessary, and then have a meeting looking at how many candidates scored in each bracket and decide where to draw the line for offers / waitlist, possibly taking into account what happened in previous years (so going back and looking at old data). All whilst running the undergrad interviews. I think it could take a while.
Phoned up and they said March.
Original post by ahhskdnf
Phoned up and they said March.

Omg what 😨

Latest

Trending

Trending