The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get a Computer Science unconditional?

Hi,

I have applied to Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh, Imperial and Cambridge to study Computer Science.

I just wondered if any of them "commonly" give unconditional offers, and to what calibre of student?

Thanks!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gilesm12
Hi,

I got 11A* at GCSE and have 4 A* predicted grades at A-Level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science. I have applied to Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh, Imperial and Cambridge to study Computer Science.

I just wondered if any of them "commonly" give unconditional offers, and to what calibre of student?

Thanks!

It's not unheard of.
Imperial will probably reject you or ask for STEP in addition (only half joking!)

If you’re a RUK applicant (Applying from England or Wales) you’ll likely get a fast offer from Edinburgh. Warwick will give a quick offer too. I’m not sure about Durham. I only really know of Unis such as Birmingham giving unconditionals.

There’s been a lot of criticism in the media and in schools about unconditionals (students slack off and underachieve) so it’ll be interesting to see if the Universities offer fewer of them this year.
I’m pretty sure it depends on your personal statement, i knew a chick who had an unconditional for a top 3 uni for comp (not sure which one), but she had like a placement at google when she was in year 12 or something and her personal statement was outstanding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending