The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
some people would still drive without insurance if it was cheaper.

yes, it is way to high!
Reply 2
I get the idea this is going to be kinda one sided :smile:
Reply 3
KidA
I get the idea this is going to be kinda one sided :smile:

100% one sided :biggrin:

insurance companies have no1 to blame but themselves for this
Reply 4
I think it is expensive. These are the costs if you go with Direct Line Car Insurance.

A Third Party 1993 Nissan Micra,

__Male, 18, Student = £1,172.85
Female, 18, Student = £618.45

__Male, 20, Student = £809.55
Female, 20, Student = £600.60

__Male, 50, Student = £290.85
Female, 50, Student = £301.35

__Male, 80, Student = £400.00
Female, 80, Student = £381.15
Reply 5
i have a 1999 nissan micro. best quote so far is 1753 with norwich union
i dont think its too expensive, if you kill someone....<which you are more likely to do when your old/young> its very very expensive so they have to make the money somewhere.

love Katy***
Reply 7
I don't agree with it... but the prices have to be that high to cover the cost of damages caused by your typical boy racer idiots with their 20000000000000 watt subwoofers that require a veritable nuclear power plant in the back just to make them work and drive at 90 in a banged out nova with a silly paint job. Grandads too... with the reaction speeds of a turtle (sorry to have to say it but the elderly are dangerous in cars if their faculties aren't what they used to be - i should know... one of my grandads is dangerous...)
Reply 8
ickle_katy
i dont think its too expensive, if you kill someone....<which you are more likely to do when your old/young> its very very expensive so they have to make the money somewhere.

love Katy***

but they shudnt take it out on other people
Reply 9
Mad Vlad
I don't agree with it... but the prices have to be that high to cover the cost of damages caused by your typical boy racer idiots with their 20000000000000 watt subwoofers that require a veritable nuclear power plant in the back just to make them work and drive at 90 in a banged out nova with a silly paint job. Grandads too... with the reaction speeds of a turtle (sorry to have to say it but the elderly are dangerous in cars if their faculties aren't what they used to be - i should know... one of my grandads is dangerous...)

they shud ask 'are you a boy racer' to get a quote, meanin ppl like me (all al b usin it 4 is work (bout 10 miles from mine))
Reply 10
ickle_katy

love Katy***

It's quite cheap to kill someone, it's expensive if you crash into and write off a Merc though.
Reply 11
not_me
but they shudnt take it out on other people

eSure... People dont want to have to pay for my repairs.
"You went into the back of my new caaaaar!"
Calm down dear, its a commercial :cool:

....... on that note, Michael Winner is an idiot :mad:
Reply 12
Lord Huntroyde
It's quite cheap to kill someone, it's expensive if you crash into and write off a Merc though.

Ironically in insurance terms, youre better off killing someone rather than injuring them badly. How horrible is that :frown:

(Learned that one the other day about site Health and Safety practices :eek:)
not_me
they shud ask 'are you a boy racer' to get a quote, meanin ppl like me (all al b usin it 4 is work (bout 10 miles from mine))

do you have air bags in your car??

love Katy***
Reply 14
Mad Vlad
Ironically in insurance terms, youre better off killing someone rather than injuring them badly. How horrible is that :frown:

(Learned that one the other day about site Health and Safety practices :eek:)

so if someone runs out infront of me i shud refrain from pressin the brake to potentially save their life?
Reply 15
ickle_katy
do you have air bags in your car??

love Katy***

yes
not_me
yes

why?
Reply 17
ickle_katy
why?

cuz it comes with the car
not_me
cuz it comes with the car

why does it come with the car?
Reply 19
ickle_katy
why does it come with the car?

to allow you 2 race into someone and be protected from bein thrown into the windscreen

Latest

Trending

Trending