The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

I think I messed up my enrolment?

I'm only paying my tuition now--and that's the first installment I'm paying. It isn't on a payment plan because I have no idea how to set one up. I think the deadline is today but it won't be processed until tomorrow, I'm guessing?
Also I missed today. Am I supposed to attend an Identity Check this week? I heard you need to pay your tuition before you do. Am I eligible o am I too late?
These are all things you need to speak with representatives from your university about, not a collection of random students/other on the internet.

However, if you are a UK student who has applied for funding from SFE, they pay your tuition loan directly to the university, and if you have applied for a maintenance loan in addition that is paid to you - you don't need to pay anything to the university for tuition yourself if you have SFE funding. If you're an international student then you need to work out with the uni how you are paying the tuition fees.

Either way, you need to speak with the university directly, as a matter of some urgency.Call them.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by artful_lounger
These are all things you need to speak with representatives from your university about, not a collection of random students/other on the internet.

However, if you are a UK student who has applied for funding from SFE, they pay your tuition loan directly to the university, and if you have applied for a maintenance loan in addition that is paid to you - you don't need to pay anything to the university for tuition yourself if you have SFE funding. If you're an international student then you need to work out with the uni how you are paying the tuition fees.

Either way, you need to speak with the university directly, as a matter of some urgency.Call them.

Cut me some slack I’ve been in a Dutch hospital for weeks. September came by so fast. I’m going in tomorrow. I was hoping for some peace of mind that I’m going through late registration instead of my placement being terminated. I’m funding myself, also
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Cut me some slack I’ve been in a Dutch hospital for weeks. September came by so fast. I’m going in tomorrow. I was hoping for some peace of mind that I’m going through late registration instead of my placement being terminated

There's no slack involved - only RHUL can help you really. Are you a UK student?
Original post by Doonesbury
There's no slack involved - only RHUL can help you really. Are you a UK student?

Very peak. I am
Cut me some slack I’ve been in a Dutch hospital for weeks. September came by so fast. I’m going in tomorrow. I was hoping for some peace of mind that I’m going through late registration instead of my placement being terminated. I’m funding myself, also

If you are self funding then you need to confirm with them that you are paying the correct amount and that they have received it, or else they can terminate your place.

However if you have appropriate extenuating circumstances (such as being hospitalised, and you the relevant documentation to confirm this) I imagine they will be happy to help accommodate you and assist with any issues in the enrolment process.

I wouldn't suggest "breathing easy" or taking any peace of mind until you have confirmed you have been successfully enrolled on the course though.
Reply 6
I am

And have you applied for SFE?
Original post by artful_lounger
If you are self funding then you need to confirm with them that you are paying the correct amount and that they have received it, or else they can terminate your place.

However if you have appropriate extenuating circumstances (such as being hospitalised, and you the relevant documentation to confirm this) I imagine they will be happy to help accommodate you and assist with any issues in the enrolment process.

I wouldn't suggest "breathing easy" or taking any peace of mind until you have confirmed you have been successfully enrolled on the course though.

Thank you, this was very helpful. I’ll clear it up with them tomorrow at the Identity Check.
Original post by Doonesbury
And have you applied for SFE?

No
Reply 9
No

Ok. If you are funding it yourself you definitely need to speak to RHUL.

https://intranet.royalholloway.ac.uk/students/money/fees/paying-by-instalments.aspx
I just paid so I hope I'm eligible for the Identity Check
I'm only paying my tuition now--and that's the first installment I'm paying. It isn't on a payment plan because I have no idea how to set one up. I think the deadline is today but it won't be processed until tomorrow, I'm guessing?
Also I missed today. Am I supposed to attend an Identity Check this week? I heard you need to pay your tuition before you do. Am I eligible o am I too late?

Hi Id and Ego seek,

I would recommend getting in touch with our Student Fees team by email at [email protected] or by phone at +44 (0)1784 414099. They will be able to answer any questions you may have about paying your fees.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Susana :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending