The Student Room Group

Need urgent help

I haven't received my student finance loan yet and I now know why, here's some bullet points to keep it simple:
- I applied late (did the household income questionnaire at the end of July)
- Never received letter from Student Finance asking for proof of the income for tax year 16/17 (Parents didn't work at all during that year)
- Just went back home today (I go to my home Uni but live elsewhere) and my parents give me a letter than was sent on the 17th of this month by student finance stating that they need the proof by the 1st of October or I won't receive the full amount (Parents assumed it was meant for me so they didn't read it fully)
- They have no proof of income for that tax year

What can I do?
Reply 1
*bump*
Hi,

Please advise your parents to call us on 0300 100 0607 or send us a private message of Facebook/Twitter so we can check their accounts regarding this.

Normally if a sponsor is unable to provide us with the required information/evidence, we would advise them to put this in writing and confirm they are happy for SFE to use HMRC figures to assess the student's entitlement.

But, like I said, it is best if we can have a look into your parents accounts first.

Kind regards,

Shahrzad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending