The Student Room Group

D*D*D* ICT BTEC L3 Extended Diploma , C on GCSE Manths

Hi,
I got C on my Maths and 4 with English and doing ICT BTEC Level 3 extended diploma now. Last year when doing my ICT L2, I got D on all units except 1 on which I got merit and overall D*. Most if not all of the material for the L3 is pretty easy for me in terms of having the technical knowledge. I want to get into Queens Mary University with Computer Science/Software Engineering(the second one, if available at the time of applying). I am aware that for my speciality, maths is core and especially due to the fact I am doing BTEC instead of A levels. Should I retake my GCSE Maths or focus on my current studies and hope for the best ? Thanks in advance. And yes, I am pretty confident I can get 3 D*, and pretty certain that any person can with good time management.
(edited 5 years ago)
Queen Mary ask for a B/5 in GCSE Maths on these courses and this will be a pretty strict requirement. If you want a chance of getting a place you really will need to retake GCSE Maths. It's fine to retake this summer and apply with your GCSE grade as pending!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending