The Student Room Group

Epq

Im thinking about doing my epq and I know that I want to do something based around health and/or mental health but I really don't know how to phrase my question or wether or not I should make it more specific. Any ideas? Would really appreciate it
Original post by Vwag25
Im thinking about doing my epq and I know that I want to do something based around health and/or mental health but I really don't know how to phrase my question or wether or not I should make it more specific. Any ideas? Would really appreciate it
Health/MH within a societal context or more like the science within it?
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Health/MH within a societal context or more like the science within it?

so do you mean like how society can affect people with mental health issues and if they contribute to the causes?
Original post by Vwag25

I did mine on the relationship between crime and social media if that helps?
Reply 4
Original post by heididdo
I did mine on the relationship between crime and social media if that helps?

I think it does actually. you just gave me an idea. thankyou
Original post by Vwag25
so do you mean like how society can affect people with mental health issues and if they contribute to the causes?
Okay, so more sociological than neurological. That makes sense. You could focus on the Mental Health of young people, or old people. Maybe be specific and talk about loneliness? Or depression, anxiety, any other MH conditions (pick 1 or 2 to focus on). Or you might instead want to discuss whether the use of Mental Health drugs is safe at the moment? Or whether society places a social stereotype on those suffering with MH problems. All sorts of things to debate but it's important to set some boundaries.

I'd suggest one boundary is that you only talk about the UK, and specify this in your title/question.
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, so more sociological than neurological. That makes sense. You could focus on the Mental Health of young people, or old people. Maybe be specific and talk about loneliness? Or depression, anxiety, any other MH conditions (pick 1 or 2 to focus on). Or you might instead want to discuss whether the use of Mental Health drugs is safe at the moment? Or whether society places a social stereotype on those suffering with MH problems. All sorts of things to debate but it's important to set some boundaries.

I'd suggest one boundary is that you only talk about the UK, and specify this in your title/question.

Oh okay. that makes a lot more sense. thankyou
Original post by Vwag25
Oh okay. that makes a lot more sense. thankyou
Set yourself limits. Don't talk about everything. You could write 5/7/10 thousand words on loneliness amongst old people in the UK alone. Don't try to incorporate too much.:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
Set yourself limits. Don't talk about everything. You could write 5/7/10 thousand words on loneliness amongst old people in the UK alone. Don't try to incorporate too much.:smile:

you seem to know a lot about this stuff. thankyou for all the advice. I didn't want to go into this without a vague idea and I think you've given me that
Original post by Vwag25
you seem to know a lot about this stuff. thankyou for all the advice. I didn't want to go into this without a vague idea and I think you've given me that
I got an A* in my sociological-based EPQ about young people's identity in modern Britain a couple of year's ago. It teaches you an awful lot of things about researching and referencing which proves really helpful at university. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by 04MR17
I got an A* in my sociological-based EPQ about young people's identity in modern Britain a couple of year's ago. It teaches you an awful lot of things about researching and referencing which proves really helpful at university. :smile:

would you mind sending me it if you still have it so I kind of know what I'm getting myself into and what kind of layout I need??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending