The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2019 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mjr_issues
That's a quick backturn if they reinstate the bursary, they killed it for 2017 applicants onwards, if memory serves.

The nurses marched on Parliament with a petition and the new zHealth Secretary has agreed to relook at it. Only because the numbers are down by half. He said he would look at Bursaries or the Welsh type arrangement were you had to continue to work it off by staying in the health service for an agreed length of time. I can’t see why we shouldn’t be included as they need lots more radiographers & the fact we can’t really work like other students. Fingers crossed.
I have applied to Leeds ,Salford , Teesside , Liverpool and Bradford . I have got an interview with both Bradford and Teesside and I’ve been given an offer from Salford :smile:
Original post by A1m3e126
I have applied to Leeds ,Salford , Teesside , Liverpool and Bradford . I have got an interview with both Bradford and Teesside and I’ve been given an offer from Salford :smile:

Samez although I’ve applied to London and UWE instead of Bradford and Teeside. Have you heard anything from Liverpool yet?
Original post by Dbzanker
If you are applying for Diagnostic Radiography next year, please join this thread. Tell us which qualification you have or you are working on, which universities you will be applying for and anything else relevant.

I am doing an Access to Science course, will apply for Hertforshire and City Universities and have already done my clinical visit.

What is the access to science course and where can you study it?
What subjects do you need to take at a level to apply for Diognostic Radiography?
Reply 65
Original post by Dbzanker
I got an interview for City. Anyone else?

yes i am attending the selection day on the 5th of december
Reply 66
Original post by James1908
What subjects do you need to take at a level to apply for Diognostic Radiography?

One science subject and the other 2 a levels can be anything else.

In my personal opinion, I think biology is the most useful science to do as the course involves a lot of anatomy and stuff
Original post by Millgxxxx
Samez although I’ve applied to London and UWE instead of Bradford and Teeside. Have you heard anything from Liverpool yet?

Noo haven’t heard from Liverpool have you?
Original post by rafakl
One science subject and the other 2 a levels can be anything else.

In my personal opinion, I think biology is the most useful science to do as the course involves a lot of anatomy and stuff

I would argue physics is far more useful, A level biology subjects weren't of much use, while parts of A level physics were far more useful, gave a great background, particularly in the understanding of MRI.
Reply 69
Me too....at 10am. Do you know anything about their selection day? I know there might be a maths and english test and we are supposed to know the NHS Constitution for the interview. Do you know how they conduct the interviews? Cheers
Original post by amen09
yes i am attending the selection day on the 5th of december
Reply 70
An access to science course is designed for mature students (19+) as an alternative to A-levels. You can study in a local college or online. You just need to check if the modules in the access course are adequate for the course you want to apply for. For example, for radiography you must have some physics and some biology.
Reply 71
Original post by belindajane
Don't worry I am in the exact smae position! Exeter and Cardiff are the ones I really want to go to and I havn't recieved anything from them so maybe they havn't sent off the invititations for interview yet. Hopefully we all here from them soon I would hate to be 'rejected'. What A level subjects do you do?

Have you heard from Exeter yet? They haven’t declined my application but I haven’t dot an interview either. X
Hello, I've applied to do diagnostic radiography next year. I applied to Portsmouth, UWE, Exeter, Plymouth and Cardiff. I haven't heard anything from three of them however I do have two interviews in the second week of December... very nervous! Anyone have any tips or pointers? Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by EmmaD79
How long did unis take to get back to you?

I got an interview offer from UWE two days after I applied and I've read they try to offer/decline within a week or two after your interview but it can vary. Just depends on the university. Some might wait and do interviews the beginning of next year. UWE and Portmouth specifically mentioned they do early interviews so I wouldn't panic!
Reply 74
Has anyone heard from Exeter, either interview or decline. I’ve had neither, getting really worried now. X
I haven’t hear anything from them yet either x
I've applied for Glasgow Caledonian and Queen Margerets in Edinburgh, Is anyone else applying there?
Do they accept BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (EXTENDED CERTIFICATE) for Radiography?
Reply 78
Original post by James1908
Do they accept BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (EXTENDED CERTIFICATE) for Radiography?

You will need to check with the universities you want to apply for. Each has different entry requirements.
Reply 79
Original post by aibbotson
I haven’t hear anything from them yet either x

Thanks for replying, at least it’s not just me then. I think because I got 3 interviews really quickly it’s bad news for the one I want. In all fairness either Exeter and UWE are 2 that I’m really interested in. X

Quick Reply

Latest