The Student Room Group

Remoaners: it's about time you started being honest

Come on, admit it. You don't care about the Irish border. You don't care about car plants closing. You don't care about the status of Ex-Pats. You just want to reverse the humiliating defeat so you can gloat at the Brexiteers. I will think more of you all if you just admit this fact. I have been feasting on remoaner tears for 2 years and I'm getting fat. How satisfying would it be for me to choke on them?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Irish BORDER... unless we have a lodger. Brexiteers would be laughable if they weren't doing so much damage.
Original post by Mister Fantastic
You don't care about the Irish boarder.

Post Brexit borders are one of the most important questions of Brexit. If Brexit supporters really cared about Brexit, they would have addressed this before the sodding referendum. Two years on and we still don't have a solution.

You don't care about car plants closing.

Yes, we do. As someone form Sunderland, I understand all too well how the closure or reduction in production at Nissan would devastate the city. That the majority of people of Sunderland voted for Brexit despite being warned suggest they don't care or didn't put much thought into their decision.

You don't care about the status of Ex-Pats.

Of course we do. I have family that live in France. They are really concerned about everything from jobs to pension arrangements. The uncertainty is not helping anyone. If only Brexit supporters had addressed such issues before the referendum.

I have been feasting on remoaner tears for 2 years and I'm getting fat.

We are known as the fat man of Europe for a reason.
Come on, admit it. You don't care about the Irish boarder. You don't care about car plants closing. You don't care about the status of Ex-Pats. You just want to reverse the humiliating defeat so you can gloat at the Brexiteers. I will think more of you all if you just admit this fact. I have been feasting on remoaner tears for 2 years and I'm getting fat. How satisfying would it be for me to choke on them?

That fact you're using the term remoaner shows that you don't care about having an actual conversation about the issues of Brexit.

I'm also pretty sure you could find someone who you would consider a
'remoaner' who works in car manufacturing and cares about both issues.
Original post by Vinny C
The Irish BORDER... unless we have a lodger. Brexiteers would be laughable if they weren't doing so much damage.

Typo police, is that the best you've got?:biggrin:
Original post by Violet Femme
Post Brexit borders are one of the most important questions of Brexit. If Brexit supporters really cared about Brexit, they would have addressed this before the sodding referendum. Two years on and we still don't have a solution.

Yes, we do. As someone form Sunderland, I understand all too well how the closure or reduction in production at Nissan would devastate the city. That the majority of people of Sunderland voted for Brexit despite being warned suggest they don't care or didn't put much thought into their decision.

Of course we do. I have family that live in France. They are really concerned about everything from jobs to pension arrangements. The uncertainty is not helping anyone. If only Brexit supporters had addressed such issues before the referendum.

We are known as the fat man of Europe for a reason.
Maybe if your side had warned voters about before the referendum you may not have lost. They didn't because it's an issure that can be sorted by sensible adults; it's a shame there aren't any at the negotiating table.
Isn't it strange that the Irish didn't pipe up before the referendum.
(edited 5 years ago)
That fact you're using the term remoaner shows that you don't care about having an actual conversation about the issues of Brexit.

I'm also pretty sure you could find someone who you would consider a
'remoaner' who works in car manufacturing and cares about both issues.

Did you know what you were voting for?
Reply 8
Maybe if your side had warned voters about before the referendum you may not have lost. They didn't because it's an issure that can be sorted by sensible adults. It's a shame there aren't any at the negotiating table.

We tried but Boris threw project fear at us. You do realise he never intended to win? He hoped for 20 yrs of MP salary using the catchphrase 'if only you had listened to me' but it blew up in his face. The only person Boris was ever interested in was Boris but now he has to make the most of it and blame everyone else.
Original post by Vinny C
We tried but Boris threw project fear at us. You do realise he never intended to win? He hoped for 20 yrs of MP salary using the catchphrase 'if only you had listened to me' but it blew up in his face. The only person Boris was ever interested in was Boris but now he has to make the most of it and blame everyone else.

He's a remainer of course I knew.
He's a remainer of course I knew.

Of course... torn between a catastrophic no deal or a deal no-one likes what do you suggest? Boris says the govt forced us into this choice... wake up! The result forced us into this choice... a result you voted for!
Maybe if your side had warned voters about before the referendum you may not have lost. They didn't because it's an issure that can be sorted by sensible adults; it's a shame there aren't any at the negotiating table.

It isn't the Irish's Place to stop British Stupidity now is it? If they had it would have been a 'massive attack on british democracy' if they explained the inextricable link between actions and consequences. It's a pity over on Leave side we order Brexiteer Brains, yet nobody can get any for us.

Probably because no one did at all. The EU was never a major issue for anyone, save for the Tory fringes. In fact, polls consistently showed no one cared about the EU until Cameron whipped up a storm by talking about a referendum. Then you have today, where people who have zero knowledge about politics still spouting off as to why we apparently need to leave.
Original post by MrDystopia
Probably because no one did at all. The EU was never a major issue for anyone, save for the Tory fringes. In fact, polls consistently showed no one cared about the EU until Cameron whipped up a storm by talking about a referendum. Then you have today, where people who have zero knowledge about politics still spouting off as to why we apparently need to leave.

Farage forced the referendum to force Tory loyalty to Cameron. Contrary to belief... it was an advisory referendum, not a binding one but no one had the guts to remind the public. Only issue was immigration but EU is finally taking a harder stance on that, too late. Nuff said!
Remoaners are NPC's, they can't help it.
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Remoaners are NPC's, they can't help it.

National Car Parks? It will all end in Brexit tears, lol.
Amazes me how you all stick your fingers in your ears singing Land of Hope and Glory. Just as 20 million squaddies as they blindly followed the Kitchener poster... Your Country Needs You!
We need to be honest? The govt, Union and constitution are going tits up. The UK is on the verge of collapse and we need to be honest? Yep... I can honestly say Brexiteers need lining up and shot for believing a bigot and a clown. Hitler has his staff car... Boris had his bus and you fell for it.
Original post by Vinny C
National Car Parks? It will all end in Brexit tears, lol.

9E1F61DE-7AA0-41CD-A977-6D5F269CC6EE.jpg.jpeg
Admit it... you have given Sturgeon a loaded gun to our head and said... fire anytime you think it might hurt! The Irish border is the tip of the iceberg.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest