The Student Room Group

Royal Navy Officer waiting list

Hi,

I have my interview soon for a Logistics Officer role and I’m looking for some information on peoples experiences with “wait times”. My AFCO mentioned in passing on the phone recently that there could be a wait of up to a couple of years for a Logistics Officer role. I thought she may have been trying to test my commitment but I had read it myself online so I said no problem. I have also since been told by someone in Work who has family in the Navy that some officer roles do have a significant wait time.

Is this true? If so how does it work? Do you get assessed at the AIB and if you pass and get elected simply get a start date a couple of years from now? Or does the wait time clock start from when you initially applied (May) as I’ve read this online?

I will ask my interviewer at the end for more information on this but knowing some more beforehand would be great if anyone has experience with this!

Thanks
Reply 1
Selected*
At AIB you're given a score for each of the modules you're tested on except fitness which is a simple pass/fail. So you'll have a score from planex, leadership test, interview and psychometric tests. If you meet the passmark for your chosen role and you're forwarded for selection you will be put on a list, when the board meets for each BRNC intake they will take the top scoring candidates based on the number of roles open for that intake, so low scoring candidates might end up on that list for some time. I remember hearing that some people are recommended to do AIB again if they have a low passmark to increase the chance that they will be selected.

Quick Reply

Latest