The Student Room Group

Rotting Teeth

Without getting into to too much detail;

I’m 15 years old and am currently in year 11, my family life hasn’t been the greatest and as a result I’ve been suffering from chronic depression for the last 2 years. As a result of this my personal hygiene has been disgusting.

For a while I didn’t brush my teeth, I’m talking nearly a year or like just avoiding it in general (gross I know). I also have a history of bulking which really doesn’t help my teeth at all but yknow.
I’ve gotten a little better though and for the last few months have been using mouthwash and brushing my teeth daily. When I was younger we were quite poor and I haven’t actually been to the dentist since I was 5 so god knows what’s going on.

I’ve noticed that my front bottom teeth are dangerously yellow and my back teeth on both sides have stripes of black. My teeth hurt occasionally but after brushing it usually goes away.

I’m worried, as anyone would be. I’m scared I’ll need braces and I’m scared I’ll need teeth pulled.

If anyone has any tips or any advise please please let me know ://
Not sure about the black stuff, but it's not a good sign, see your dentist about that but for the yellow parts you can naturally whiten them. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest