The Student Room Group

Offer Mistake?

I received an offer for the University of Nottingham.
It stated on the website that they wanted ABB at A level
They've sent me an offer asking for BB at A level and then a B in Core Maths which is the equivalent to an As level?
Do you think this is a mistake as they're suddenly only asking for 2 a levels and core maths instead of 3 a levels, one of which being an A grade.
Can they go back on this offer now they've made it?
I'm just surprised about the offer because obviously it's a great offer at a great university. I didn't expect them to lower the offer so much.
Universities do it if not many people have applied to that course and its a way of encouraging you to pick them so that they still have a good intake of students.
Original post by xEmilyxx
Universities do it if not many people have applied to that course and its a way of encouraging you to pick them so that they still have a good intake of students.

So it's an actual offer and not a mistake haha. I've just never heard of anywhere dropping the offer to 2 A levels
be very surprised if this isnt a mistake and gets rectified
Should I contact the university to make sure it isn't a mistake or would they rectify it themselves? Should I receive a confirmation email/letter from the university?
Reply 5
Original post by louisemae2000
Should I contact the university to make sure it isn't a mistake or would they rectify it themselves? Should I receive a confirmation email/letter from the university?

Call them, and follow it up with an email documenting what was discussed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending