The Student Room Group

Blogging about my journey - Encephalitis

Hey guys

I’m a 22 year old female, at the beginning of this year my world was turned upside down when I suddenly fell so ill. I went from working full-time living a normal life to fighting for my life in a coma all within the space of 4 weeks. At first I was diagnosed with a brain tumour on my brainstem so it would have been a huge risk to operate on it. However after a second opinion and numerous MRI scans it turned out to be inflammation also known as encephalitis. I had an acute inflammatory episode and it all hit me so quickly. I went through different courses of steroids, to trying the PLEX treatment and then the last option was chemotherapy which miraculously worked. I’m trying my best to raise awareness about encephalitis as I’d never heard of it until it happened to me. I have made an Instagram blog about my journey and now my road to recovery the username is thoughtsthroughmyjourney - if you could give me a follow I’d appreciate it so much as I just want to get it out there as much as I can. I’m still in hospital now it’s month #11 so the only method I can use to raise awareness is via social media. When I am eventually discharged from hospital I will be doing many fundraising events. So if you could give thoughtsthroughmyjourney a follow on Instagram that would be so, so helpful. Thank you for helping me raise awareness! X

Quick Reply

Latest