The Student Room Group

revising for German GCSE

I have been revising for GCSE mock exams and it is coming up to my German one. I have briefly revised vocab but does anyone have any suggestions on how to effectively revise German quickly???

thank you :-)
i take french and my most useful revision is literally doing reading/ writing practices on the theme and write what I want and find any extra vocab necessary. quizlet is useful for memorising and for speaking I get my friends and family to help and speak french to myself. listening just takes lots of practice!
Reply 2
hi,
I have also got mocks soon and take german so hopefully I can give some good advice :smile:
I recommend firstly to make a list of any vocabulary you have struggled to learn or just find really difficult- prioritise these especially if they're 'higher 'level vocab
-make sure you know modal verbs inside out
-learn some conjunctions such as weil or obwohl but make sure you vary them up to get more marks
-find some German listening practice e.g. watch your favourite tv show with German audio but English subs- loads of people get stuck on how to practice listening
-learn as much as you can in the time you have, if your mock is in like 3 days learn grammar and vocab you get stuck with but if you have much longer, learn in more detail and nail the difficult stuff to pick up marks
-try not to be overwhelmed by all the content (I get v. stressed during exams as I feel like i haven't learned enough) remember that you do have months to learn everything and thats plenty of time to improve German.

I apologise if this isn't much use but I heard this from some people who had taken the GCSE and I felt it really helped in some areas in my year 10 mock. Good Luck!
Make sure you know your speaking questions so you can then use them again in your writing if you are lucky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending