The Student Room Group

Cambridge Engineering 2019 applicants

Just creating this thread rather late because none of the 3000 applicants this year have created one lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dicksonyiu
Just creating this thread rather late because none of the 3000 applicants this year have created one lol

Which college did u apply for? Have u got an interview?
Reply 3
hey people :smile:

Are any of you non-Brits like me lol, I feel so alone in this forum
Reply 4
hi, non-Brit here, applied for Emmanuel college, anyone else?
Same! I applied to Emma, still waiting for reply.
Original post by kylene
hi, non-Brit here, applied for Emmanuel college, anyone else?
Reply 6
Original post by dicksonyiu
Same! I applied to Emma, still waiting for reply.

same here! are you international, home or eu applicant? I applied for interview in hk
Original post by kylene
same here! are you international, home or eu applicant? I applied for interview in hk

I'm also an international applicant.
Anyone got an interview yet? I've got one for the 7th :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by xiaochen
Anyone got an interview yet? I've got one for the 7th :biggrin:

Which college are you applying for? I haven’t heard anything yet
Original post by kylene
Which college are you applying for? I haven’t heard anything yet

Queens'! What about you?
Reply 11
Queens'! What about you?

Emma! I’m feeling very stressed not hearing anything from them
Original post by kylene
Emma! I’m feeling very stressed not hearing anything from them

Don't stress! I've got my fingers crossed for you!!
Anyone applying to Fitz.. still no interview invite. Starting to get anxious
Downing here!
For the engineering interview at Queens we are told to bring along any technical project work you have done. It would be really useful to here any examples of what people who have received places in the past did for this, and also what people this year are going to bring.
Original post by Bamidele J
For the engineering interview at Queens we are told to bring along any technical project work you have done. It would be really useful to here any examples of what people who have received places in the past did for this, and also what people this year are going to bring.

I've got an interview at Queens' and I'm going to bring along my A2 electronics project - it is portable and powered by battery so I can bring the whole thing into my interview. I have a report for it as well. It's basically a game of tic-tac-toe and snake programmed by an Arduino with an 8x8 dot matrix display for the screen and also a PIC chip with a multiplexed 7-segment score display. I am also going to bring along a couple reports for some other projects that I have done.
I've got an interview at Queens' and I'm going to bring along my A2 electronics project - it is portable and powered by battery so I can bring the whole thing into my interview. I have a report for it as well. It's basically a game of tic-tac-toe and snake programmed by an Arduino with an 8x8 dot matrix display for the screen and also a PIC chip with a multiplexed 7-segment score display. I am also going to bring along a couple reports for some other projects that I have done.

I’ve got an engineering interview at queens too! But neither of my interviews are with a DOS, just lecturers, and I was wondering if that’s normal or not? X
Original post by Impastie
I’ve got an engineering interview at queens too! But neither of my interviews are with a DOS, just lecturers, and I was wondering if that’s normal or not? X

I don't think it matters and don't worry about whether it's "normal" or not.
Who are your interviewers? For the first one I have Dr Graham McShane and some school teacher observer and then the second one I have Dr Tore Butlin and Dr Christopher Clark.
I don't think it matters and don't worry about whether it's "normal" or not.
Who are your interviewers? For the first one I have Dr Graham McShane and some school teacher observer and then the second one I have Dr Tore Butlin and Dr Christopher Clark.

I have Dr Tore Butlin, Dr Graham Treece and then Prof David Cebon with a school teacher observer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending