The Student Room Group

Ofsted

Ofsted is coming to my school tomorrow (it's rated requires improvement lmaooo)

But it got me thinking - does anyone have any funny stories about how your school has prepared, or how teachers have changed during an inspection?? :smile:
Original post by Bill Nye

But it got me thinking - does anyone have any funny stories about how your school has prepared, or how teachers have changed during an inspection?? :smile:

We had one last year (we were outstanding and stayed outstanding). During it they observed one of my maths lessons and my teacher- who normally let me get on with my own work- made me stand at the front and do maths at the board to the whole class. Congrats to him for making me almost cry infront of the whole class and ofsted dude.
As they left the class someone shouted ‘we hate school’. In another English lesson the same someone shouted ‘they’ve trapped us’ :lol: they’re such an idiot
Also had a teacher who hadn’t marked my books for two years mark them:gasp:
Reply 2
Yes I certainly do, at the moment I am in year 11 however all the way back in year 8 something very interesting occurred. So OFSTED called my school and said that ‘they were coming’ and my school panicked. For context on our most recent report we got a 4 (which is really bad and the school is really inadequate). Our headmistress call everyone into a what I call ‘snap assembly’ (because it was so spontaneous like Theresa May’s elections). She said that OFSTED were ‘coming’ and that she would be ‘sending all of the bad people home’ and she supposedly did. There was only about 60% of the school there and OFSTED overheard rumours. Then the truth is that she got fired and the school tried to cover it up. We had a ‘supply headteacher’ for a year then we got a headmaster in year 10.

P.S. I’ve heard some school’s recite the same lesson for one month straight and everyone knows at what time to put their hands up and when to say what etc...
My school was private so we were inspected by ISI not Ofsted, but I remember the day before the inspection they sent muffins to every form room to bribe us to behave
Original post by Must4fa
Yes I certainly do, at the moment I am in year 11 however all the way back in year 8 something very interesting occurred. So OFSTED called my school and said that ‘they were coming’ and my school panicked. For context on our most recent report we got a 4 (which is really bad and the school is really inadequate). Our headmistress call everyone into a what I call ‘snap assembly’ (because it was so spontaneous like Theresa May’s elections). She said that OFSTED were ‘coming’ and that she would be ‘sending all of the bad people home’ and she supposedly did. There was only about 60% of the school there and OFSTED overheard rumours. Then the truth is that she got fired and the school tried to cover it up. We had a ‘supply headteacher’ for a year then we got a headmaster in year 10.

P.S. I’ve heard some school’s recite the same lesson for one month straight and everyone knows at what time to put their hands up and when to say what etc...

lmaooo

My school got everyone in for a very short notice assembly (which I was fine with because we literally missed all of English :biggrin: xD But they basically said 'behave and don't **** this up for us'

But honestly since I joined year 7 we've had about 5 different principals lmaoo
Original post by LeapingLucy
My school was private so we were inspected by ISI not Ofsted, but I remember the day before the inspection they sent muffins to every form room to bribe us to behave

xDDD
School site was open until midnight, and open again at 6 the next morning.

I stayed and helped until 9pm, doing lots of photocopying and some lesson planning (including for my own lesson :lol: ).

We got takeaway too. :teeth:
lmaooo there was an inspector at my school today and he asked me a question in geography and i legit didn't know the answer so i acted like i didn't hear him even though he was hovering over my shoulder

most of my teachers act the same although i do get annoyed when ofsted people ask me questions bc they always seem to ask me questions when i dont know the answer

my school consists of very badly behaved kids but there's this consensus that everyone is good around ofsted so it always works out. in secondary school occasionally we had people who would wind up teachers by strolling late to class and/or saying things like "just cos ofsted are here doesn't mean you can treat me like that yh" but my school mostly receives outstanding.
My Chemistry teacher normally makes us do independent work, but once he told us that there was going to be an inspection in our next lesson, so he made us do a practical in the first lesson before the inspection and ran us through how to carry out the practical, what results to expect and gave us internet sources to compare the data to. He then told my class a few difficult questions about the work and told us all to put our hands up when he asks the questions, but he only picked certain students whom he told the answers of his questions beforehand.

We repeated all of this in the next lesson, where there was an inspector who seemed very happy that we all looked like we knew what to do.

We got Outstanding:biggrin:
Original post by Infinite Series
My Chemistry teacher normally makes us do independent work, but once he told us that there was going to be an inspection in our next lesson, so he made us do a practical in the first lesson before the inspection and ran us through how to carry out the practical, what results to expect and gave us internet sources to compare the data to. He then told my class a few difficult questions about the work and told us all to put our hands up when he asks the questions, but he only picked certain students whom he told the answers of his questions beforehand.

We repeated all of this in the next lesson, where there was an inspector who seemed very happy that we all looked like we knew what to do.

We got Outstanding:biggrin:

Lmaoo we haven't done anything like that xD
I remember in Year 8, we had a teacher for citizenship who acted as supply for the school. he was old and didn’t really teach (just read from the board) so all we did was chat to him and do the absolute minimum.

On the day of the inspection, we had him and we were super loud until one of the inspectors must have been in the corridor and heard the racket. she came straight, didn’t say a word, the whole class fell silent, sir got up from his chair, his face turning red and panicky, and started to (somewhat) teach.

I remember vividly to this day. Hilarious.
Original post by Bill Nye

Our psychology teacher actually had to write learning objectives, encourage discussion and not just tell us to “shut up and listen” - The school themselves gave us a morning assembly on how to act, it was clear they were absolutely bricking it. Ahh, good times.
Original post by solitaireegg
I remember in Year 8, we had a teacher for citizenship who acted as supply for the school. he was old and didn’t really teach (just read from the board) so all we did was chat to him and do the absolute minimum.

On the day of the inspection, we had him and we were super loud until one of the inspectors must have been in the corridor and heard the racket. she came straight, didn’t say a word, the whole class fell silent, sir got up from his chair, his face turning red and panicky, and started to (somewhat) teach.

I remember vividly to this day. Hilarious.

xDDDDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending