The Student Room Group

Choosing a sixth form

Hello, I just wanted to ask if the ofsted of the sixth form is important. Is it based on the teaching of the teachers or in general everything and if so what do they assess? Does an outstanding mean the school is better than a good ofsted?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by bobbbobb
Hello, I just wanted to ask if the ofsted of the sixth form is important. Is it based on the teaching of the teachers or in general everything and if so what do they assess? Does an outstanding mean the school is better than a good ofsted?

some people would argue no, some people would argue yes. ofsted make a judgement based on many different things e.g quality of teaching, students opinions of the teaching, students behaviour etc. from my pov i went to an outstanding sixth form and my sister went to a good one. she enjoyed her time at college more than i did but i ended up getting better results, however most of my friends got bad results despite us going to the same college. at the end of the day it really doesn't depend on ofsted, it depends on yourself and the decisions you make in sixth form. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dadadeedadada
some people would argue no, some people would argue yes. ofsted make a judgement based on many different things e.g quality of teaching, students opinions of the teaching, students behaviour etc. from my pov i went to an outstanding sixth form and my sister went to a good one. she enjoyed her time at college more than i did but i ended up getting better results, however most of my friends got bad results despite us going to the same college. at the end of the day it really doesn't depend on ofsted, it depends on yourself and the decisions you make in sixth form. hope this helps :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending