The Student Room Group

Have your say: will Trump get another term in two years?

With the midterms finally over, there’s two questions dominating US Politics: what does this mean for Trump’s legislative agenda moving forward, and how does it effect his chances of being re-elected in two years time?

Read our article 'will Trump get another term in two years?' here :smile:
he is 100 %, I do not support Trump nor am I a US citizen, but from my perspective and interest in politics I think he definitely is
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes he will. Democrats aren't changing their approach
[video="youtube;a5wBY6D7V34"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5wBY6D7V34[/video]
TRUMP 2020 is coming :biggrin::biggrin:
[video="youtube;G87UXIH8Lzo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87UXIH8Lzo&index=1&list=PLv3xR5nZAsh5bhS2XzG53I_fZl QRk9aEJ[/video]
Reply 7
It will largely depend on how this federal shutdown ends.
Original post by stoyfan
It will largely depend on how this federal shutdown ends.

Totally agree with you, at the moment Trump is 'losing' the shutdown and is looking like the bad guy, so to speak.
Reply 9
Original post by elliewarman123
Totally agree with you, at the moment Trump is 'losing' the shutdown and is looking like the bad guy, so to speak.

If he doesn't get his wall, then he will look like a weak president.
Original post by stoyfan
If he doesn't get his wall, then he will look like a weak president.

I think the wall is like everything else in American politics (and not unlike UK politics, either). It really, really doesn't matter. The two sides are so entrenched and so far apart that it really makes no difference who is wrong or right.

With the wall - of course Trump should have sorted this out earlier, when he had a majority in Congress. Had he done so, none of this would be an issue. This is just a terrible failure.

On the other hand, of course the Dems are ridiculous hypocrites. Most of them are on record supporting the idea of a wall....until Trump came along. They don't believe any of the nonsense they're talking about it.

With the shutdown - both sides will only blame the other. Both sides could end it, but neither will.

Objectively, I think the Dems position is slightly weaker as $5bn for the wall is really nothing in terms of the budget. They have people in their ranks talking about crazy money projects which make the wall look like chickenfeed - but I think it's only a very minor difference between the parties. It will just come down to who blinks first, or if anyone can come up with a compromise which will allow both sides to back down and claim victory
Reply 11
Original post by JasmineMonsoon
he is 100 %, I do not support Trump nor am I a US citizen , but from my perspective and interest in politics I think he definitely is

Im not sure where you think your coming from, but if youre not a supporter or a citizen, i dont think your perspective has any legitimacy. Not trying to start a fight but, i dont really think youre in a position to make decisions and predictions?🔥🔥🔥
Original post by funels
Im not sure where you think your coming from, but if youre not a supporter or a citizen, i dont think your perspective has any legitimacy. Not trying to start a fight but, i dont really think youre in a position to make decisions and predictions?🔥🔥🔥

Wow. Very mature of you. That joke ended days ago. Not going to pick a fight with you cause it’s clear that’s your intent :smile: Also love, I’m sure you have something better to do than stalking my TSR profile and poking fun at something as silly as this xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Wow. Very mature of you. That joke ended days ago. Not going to pick a fight with you cause it’s clear that’s your intent :smile: Also love, I’m sure you have something better to do than stalking my TSR profile and poking fun at something as silly as this xx

I mean, i really didnt want to start a fight, sorry if it came off that way? Not a native english speaker so i forget formalities. but anyways, a) what joke? and b) politics aint silly "love"
Original post by funels
I mean, i really didnt want to start a fight, sorry if it came off that way? Not a native english speaker so i forget formalities. but anyways, a) what joke? and b) politics aint silly "love"

What's silly is that you're poking fun at me using the fire emojis and the whole drama that went down on the "Law Applicants 2019" thread - I'm not talking about politics. That's the 'joke' I was referring to (although I doubt you didn't know that already :flute:) However, if you actually are asking me on a serious note whether I'm in a position to make legitimate "decisions" and "predictions", the title literally says "have your say". I'm not saying whether my perspective is legitimate or accurate, I'm just saying that through reading articles and having talked to many friends in America about the subject that's what my opinion is atm. Who knows though maybe with the government shut down things will turn around
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
What's silly is that you're poking fun at me using the fire emojis and the whole drama that went down on the "Law Applicants 2019" thread - I'm not talking about politics. That's the 'joke' I was referring to (although I doubt you didn't know that already :flute:) However, if you actually are asking me on a serious note whether I'm in a position to make legitimate "decisions" and "predictions", the title literally says "have your say". I'm not saying whether my perspective is legitimate or accurate, I'm just saying that through reading articles and having talked to many friends in America about the subject that's what my opinion is atm. Who knows though maybe with the government shut down things will turn around

Hey, okay first of all, i joined today so i have no clue what went donw on the law applicants 2019 thread, im an econ student? But anyways, whatever happened, didnt mean to poke fun at that. Second, talking to friends in the US is definitely a great step, but i feel that even personally, i cant properly make decisions about countries that i dont live in and dont see the effect in. But good point regarding the government shut down thing.
Original post by funels
Hey, okay first of all, i joined today so i have no clue what went donw on the law applicants 2019 thread, im an econ student? But anyways, whatever happened, didnt mean to poke fun at that. Second, talking to friends in the US is definitely a great step, but i feel that even personally, i cant properly make decisions about countries that i dont live in and dont see the effect in. But good point regarding the government shut down thing.

Find that veryyy hard to believe but okay I am too tired to argue. Yeah good point, I don’t live there so my perspective isn’t that credible, but thing is with US politics, after Trump being elected so many more people all around the world have become interested in the topic and read about it thoroughly in specific (myself included). Like I’m from Jordan and I doubt a substantial number of people are too interested about the politics in my country, heck I even am not that knowledgeable on that lmao. But yeah i haven’t witnessed his power and influence in the US first hand so, agreed with you. But what do you think? Are you from there?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending