The Student Room Group

Mature student finance advice

Hi, I’m just wanting some direction if at all possible, please. I completed a BSc (Hons) degree in occupational therapy In 2008. I’m now wanting to do my lifelong dream course, level 3 advanced technical l Diploma in Animal Managemént as a (very!) mature student of 53yrs old, so that I can start a business in Animal Assisted therapy. I’m not entitled to a student loan but can anyone tell me who to contact to determine what other financial help I might’ve be entitled to? I’m not getting very clear information on the gov.uk website. Thanks in advance
Original post by mizzdancer
Hi, I’m just wanting some direction if at all possible, please. I completed a BSc (Hons) degree in occupational therapy In 2008. I’m now wanting to do my lifelong dream course, level 3 advanced technical l Diploma in Animal Managemént as a (very!) mature student of 53yrs old, so that I can start a business in Animal Assisted therapy. I’m not entitled to a student loan but can anyone tell me who to contact to determine what other financial help I might’ve be entitled to? I’m not getting very clear information on the gov.uk website. Thanks in advance

Hi,

Have your learning provider said your course isn't eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan have they?

Thanks, Duncan
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan SFE
Hi,

Have your learning provider said your course isn't eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan have they?

Thanks, Duncan

Hi, so sorry, forgot to check this! No, I’m pretty sure I’m entitled to the Advanced Learner Loan
Hi, so sorry, forgot to check this! No, I’m pretty sure I’m entitled to the Advanced Learner Loan

Hi,

No problem! Some customers find communicating via our social media pages more convenient. You can always send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter. Our social media advisors would respond to your query ASAP.

Have you read the information available on the GOV.UK website? If yes, I would recommend using Student Loan Company's eligibility tool for Advanced Learner Loans available here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
Reply 4
Hi Shahrzad,
Thanks so much for that. I have looked at the Gov.uk site, to be honest I was even more confused than when I started! I’ll have a look at the Student Loans website and check that. And yes, I think social media will be a better way to follow you.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Kindest regards

Tracey
Hi Shahrzad,
Thanks so much for that. I have looked at the Gov.uk site, to be honest I was even more confused than when I started! I’ll have a look at the Student Loans website and check that. And yes, I think social media will be a better way to follow you.

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Kindest regards

Tracey

You're most welcome Tracey!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Kind regards,
Shahrzad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending