The Student Room Group

Uni Accomodation - 19/2020

When should you start applying for university accomodations for 19/2020.

Also, I'm wanting to go to GCU (first choice) but that's a conditional, and my second choice is Abertay Uni which is an unconditional.
Should I apply for accomodation for both places just in case and am I allowed to do that?
Original post by JiyaM16
When should you start applying for university accomodations for 19/2020.

Also, I'm wanting to go to GCU (first choice) but that's a conditional, and my second choice is Abertay Uni which is an unconditional.
Should I apply for accommodation for both places just in case and am I allowed to do that?

generally you only apply for accommodation for your first choice.
Hey @JiyaM16

The best advice I could give you is to apply as soon as you're able to, and soon as the course you want to enrol on is confirmed and you have a place. That way, you've got everything out of the way and all you have to do is get ready for an exciting year at university.

As above, you will not be able to apply for accomodation of both universities as far as I'm aware. You should only apply to the accommodation of somewhere that you've successfully being allocated a place.

Some tips I could give you are running your calculations and ensuring that you'll be able to pay for your accommodation, checking lists of what to bring, things of that nature.

Best wishes :smile:
Josh
Reply 3
Thank you so much!! That was really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending