The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Student Life

Hi there,

I had an interview today at this uni. I am stuck between this uni and another one, but the only thing I am not sure about is the student life outside campus. Are there any nearby towns/places to go out i.e. bars, clubs and pubs?
Original post by jamespullen14
Hi there,

I had an interview today at this uni. I am stuck between this uni and another one, but the only thing I am not sure about is the student life outside campus. Are there any nearby towns/places to go out i.e. bars, clubs and pubs?

Hi @jamespullen14,

Congratulations on your interview, hope it went well :u:

I've tagged in @Herts PG Student Rep and @Herts UG Student Rep to let you know a bit more about student life.

St Albans is close and has lots of pubs (in fact I think the most per square mile of anywhere else in the country!), and there's also the Horn which has loads of live music. For clubs Watford is probably your best best.. If you do want to go into London the Students' Union arrange trips.

Hope that helps.
Heather
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Hi @jamespullen14,

Congrats on your interview!

There are one or two pubs in Hatfield that are nice enough for a quick drink with your mates, but as Heather mentioned the nearby towns will be a good bet for a big night out. St Albans is nearby and is my personal favourite for pub crawls - there's a pub there that has a decent claim to be the oldest in the country. I've only been once but from what I've seen Welwyn Garden City has a few nice pubs as well.

As far as clubs go, Watford has three or four that do really good nights out; there are usually buses put on by the club night organisers going to and from the club. Bachwood is another club I know of nearby, but I haven't been to that one yet. Of course London is only 20 minutes away by train, although the clubs do tend to be more expensive. London is great for live music as Camden isn't far from King's Cross, and Heather mentioned the Horn which puts on some fantastic gigs.

Hope that helps - any more questions then let me know!

Theo
The town is absolute ****, there's no two ways about it. Make sure you're going to like your course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending