The Student Room Group

London Uni's, Bristol or Cardiff?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tessimoghaddam
Oh really? Wow I heard they were moving to Bristol and Manchester but great that they’re moving to Leeds too. I think they can no longer afford to stay in London but it’s nice to finally see other cities having the chance to grow and expand with the different industries. I have heard that Salford is an area of great media opportunities, I know that the BBC have an office there as well.

Broadcast journalism is also an area I have been looking at. Everything has become much more digitised and I don’t think print is on the rise as much as digital journalism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46032962
Original post by tessimoghaddam
That is true! I guess it’s just the idea of moving up further north which is daunting! Although, having said that I don’t know anyone up there, my boyfriends uncle lives there with his family. Not that I would be hanging out with them, but at least it’s more comforting to know someone there. May be worth having a visit up there anyway and seeing what I think. Yeah I will do that, it’s just hard where my parents and sister see London as the be all end all kind of city. Whilst I agree that it is the hub of business, finance and culture etc, I do believe that many other cities are slowly starting to catch up in terms of opportunities and exciting things happening within them. I will apply to all of them and pop down to each uni for more info and explore the cities. My bf doesn’t actually go to uni, he is a carpenter and has finished his apprenticeship and working for Bristol city council now. Oh gosh! That doesn’t sound to great haha!

Yes, apply to everything, visit as many as you can and see what happens.

I think your boyfriend will earn more than you for the next few years! 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending