The Student Room Group

Did not complete Level 3 Apprenticeship - funding?

Hello,

I started a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Admin in the Summer of 2017. Unfortunately I did not complete this due to my father's deteriorating health, who eventually passed away, as well as my own mental health issues.
I have finally 'recovered', despite also losing my Grandmother at the start of the year, and want to continue with another similar apprenticeship.
I got in touch with the Training Provider I chose for my apprenticeship, and they said since I did not complete the apprenticeship, I would not be able to join them again due to the course funding from the Government. She also mentioned that it would be difficult to find funding elsewhere in other training providers, so I'd be better off searching for Level 4 Apprenticeships instead.

I feel this is rather unfair - due to my father's death, I cannot complete another Lvl3 Apprenticeship anymore, and I don't have the qualifications for a Level 4 - hence why I chose to do a Level 3!

I'm unsure how correct she was (a representative of the training provider), and not sure where to turn to for this. Many thanks.
Original post by Zmc02h
Hello,

I started a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business and Admin in the Summer of 2017. Unfortunately I did not complete this due to my father's deteriorating health, who eventually passed away, as well as my own mental health issues.
I have finally 'recovered', despite also losing my Grandmother at the start of the year, and want to continue with another similar apprenticeship.
I got in touch with the Training Provider I chose for my apprenticeship, and they said since I did not complete the apprenticeship, I would not be able to join them again due to the course funding from the Government. She also mentioned that it would be difficult to find funding elsewhere in other training providers, so I'd be better off searching for Level 4 Apprenticeships instead.

I feel this is rather unfair - due to my father's death, I cannot complete another Lvl3 Apprenticeship anymore, and I don't have the qualifications for a Level 4 - hence why I chose to do a Level 3!

I'm unsure how correct she was (a representative of the training provider), and not sure where to turn to for this. Many thanks.

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear about your father and grandmother. I am very glad you are on the right path again now, stay strong!

I began an apprenticeship in catering about 4 years ago which I did not enjoy and my tutor was not helpful, therefore I stopped. A couple of years later i decided to give an apprenticeship another go, this time in business administration. I went through a company called MiddletonMurray who were actually really lovely and found me a few different placements to chose from! I didn't actually tell them i was previously in an apprenticeship as it was years ago and in a different industry and nothing ever came of it, i got all the funding i needed.

I don't think honestly is always the best policy in these cases. The way the system works is very generic and for a specific case like your own i don't think they take into consideration the situation you are in.

I hope you find something soon! Best of luck xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending