The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

What are Brighthelm houses and Lewes Court (non ensuite) accomodation like?

If anyone has been to or stayed at either Brighthelm houses or Lewes Court accomodation without an ensuite, would you please provide your opinions of the accomodation and any pictures of the rooms, kitchens and bathrooms please? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Eoo
If anyone has been to or stayed at either Brighthelm houses or Lewes Court accomodation without an ensuite, would you please provide your opinions of the accomodation and any pictures of the rooms, kitchens and bathrooms please? Thank you :smile:

I didn't stay there myself, but know lots of people who lived in Brighthelm and really enjoyed it - with 5 people and two bathrooms, you're not sharing with more than two other people at a time and the communal area feels like the living room of a home, which a lot of people like.

Lewes Court with or without ensuites are really similar, flat style with 6 people living in each flat. This is more traditional 'halls' type accommodation over Brighthelm, but you'll have other flats in your building so it makes it easy to make friends with others when you're bumping into them in the corridor in Freshers' week!

There are videos and pictures on the website if you need them too :biggrin: If you get the chance to visit on an Applicant Visit Day, I'd really recommend it - they do accommodation tours with current students and you can ask loads of questions there. Check your email and see if you've been invited, if not get in contact with the enquiries team and they'll be able to help if you've been made an offer. If not, Open Days will be in June - so head on down and see if you can also spend a bit of time in Brighton itself, it's a great city!

Strawberry :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Eoo

Been inside lewes court (not my accommodation but i know someone who lives there). room sizes are decent, kitchen is on the small side, but on the whole decent. one pro of lewes court which most accommodation in sussex don't have is they have washing machines (so free washing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending