The Student Room Group

MPhil Environmental Policy

Haven't seen any posts about this course recently. Anyone else applied? Heard anything back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump? Still haven't been able to get in contact with anyone that's applied for this, unfortunately.
Reply 2
Original post by Didag
Bump? Still haven't been able to get in contact with anyone that's applied for this, unfortunately.

Have you checked the postgrad megathread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5205742
Official CAMBRIDGE 2019 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
Have you checked the postgrad megathread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5205742
Official CAMBRIDGE 2019 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've tried there already. Maybe I'll post again though. Thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Didag
Yeah, I've tried there already. Maybe I'll post again though. Thanks :smile:

Hey, friends and I have heard back from Land Econ and all of us have been placed on waiting lists. So essentially, they reviewed our applications, kind of like us, but don't want to hedge their bets on us yet, if better people come along :frown: They have told us all that we should hear back from them no later than April 2019... which is super frustrating! What about you guys?
Reply 5
Original post by liyee2
Hey, friends and I have heard back from Land Econ and all of us have been placed on waiting lists. So essentially, they reviewed our applications, kind of like us, but don't want to hedge their bets on us yet, if better people come along :frown: They have told us all that we should hear back from them no later than April 2019... which is super frustrating! What about you guys?

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: At least it wasn't an outright rejection though. I only applied in late January, so I've yet to hear anything back.

How long did it take between you applying and hearing back from the department? And if you don't mind me asking, do you have any idea why you weren't accepted? I think my grades are high enough and my statements were pretty good, but I don't have much past experience in related fields. If you'd rather not answer, I totally understand :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Didag
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: At least it wasn't an outright rejection though. I only applied in late January, so I've yet to hear anything back.

How long did it take between you applying and hearing back from the department? And if you don't mind me asking, do you have any idea why you weren't accepted? I think my grades are high enough and my statements were pretty good, but I don't have much past experience in related fields. If you'd rather not answer, I totally understand :smile:

Yeh sure, so we haven't been rejected, our applications are on hold - so we will be considered at a later date :smile:

It took 1 month and a half to hear back from the department. Not sure why I've been placed on hold, as I have 2 years worth of experience in the environmental field and on track for good grades. So not sure really what to tell you!
Reply 7
Original post by liyee2
Yeh sure, so we haven't been rejected, our applications are on hold - so we will be considered at a later date :smile:

It took 1 month and a half to hear back from the department. Not sure why I've been placed on hold, as I have 2 years worth of experience in the environmental field and on track for good grades. So not sure really what to tell you!

Yeah, that certainly sounds qualified enough. Did you and all of your friends apply to the Enviornmental Policy MPhil or other programs in Land Econ as well?
Reply 8
Original post by Didag
Yeah, that certainly sounds qualified enough. Did you and all of your friends apply to the Enviornmental Policy MPhil or other programs in Land Econ as well?

No, just Environmental Policy :smile:
I applied to Environmental Policy in early October and essentially got the same response - on the waitlist, in purgatory, and will hear back in April at the latest.
Reply 10
Same here. No updates since November.
Reply 11
Has anyone heard any updates as of yet?
Reply 12
Sadly, no. Still waiting.
Reply 13
Got an offer two weeks ago! Good luck everyone
Reply 14
Original post by Map94
Got an offer two weeks ago! Good luck everyone

Congrats! Would you mind telling us a bit about your background/application timeline?
Reply 15
Still waiting :smile:
Original post by mmvnz
Has anyone heard any updates as of yet?
Reply 16
Sorry for the late reply!

Sure :smile: I applied beginning of November, got into GAO Feb 5, and got an conditional offer two weeks later! I studied social sciences, and then geography.

Good luck!!
Original post by Didag
Congrats! Would you mind telling us a bit about your background/application timeline?
Reply 17
Hey, has anyone heard back? Called admissions? Got any news on timelines? Etc.
Reply 18
I applied mid-February after reconsidering graduate options and have yet to hear back as well. Was wondering how long to expect to wait, as I've also got an offer from Imperial which I need to respond within in the month. I had no idea they would put people on a waiting list! :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by DJLW44
I applied mid-February after reconsidering graduate options and have yet to hear back as well. Was wondering how long to expect to wait, as I've also got an offer from Imperial which I need to respond within in the month. I had no idea they would put people on a waiting list! :s-smilie:

I'm in the exact same situation. Need to respond to my other offers by the end of the month.

However, I read in another thread on here that people have spoken to the department of Land Economy and were told that all MPhil applicants would here back by the end of April at the very latest.

Quick Reply

Latest