The Student Room Group

Kissing someone else?

So... I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years since we was 16 and he was my first everything. (Even a kiss). I feel like I need to kiss someone else just to experience it, I thought about talking to my boyfriend first but I am scared he will be upset and think I don’t want to be with him ( which isn’t true). What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous
So... I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years since we was 16 and he was my first everything. (Even a kiss). I feel like I need to kiss someone else just to experience it, I thought about talking to my boyfriend first but I am scared he will be upset and think I don’t want to be with him ( which isn’t true). What should I do?

Sounds like a pretty strange idea

It's only natural you would want some variety, especially given how young you are.
I think you need to talk to your boyfriend if you actually want to act on these thoughts. If you don't then assuming they pass in time I think there's no real need to discuss it, personally

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Just don't tell him?
Decisions have consequences. You made the decision to enter into a relationship at 16 and that guy is your first. As as result of that decision you haven't ever kissed another guy. But, assuming you have a great boyfriend, you made the decision to be with a guy who loves you, is loyal to you, is truthful with you is someone who (I hope) treasures you. If so, how would you feel if he came to you and said he wants to kiss someone else? Most people would not be okay with their boyfriend/girlfriend doing that. So, unless you have had a previous discussion about having an open relationship I'd steer clear from seeking someone else to kiss. You may decide that is in fact what you want to do but more than likely you'll upset your boyfriend just discussing it with him and will probably end things if you follow through. You may decide to keep those thoughts to yourself and always secretly wonder what it would have been like kissing someone else but you'll have, again, a great boyfriend and if you do have a great boyfriend does a random kiss even matter? So you have to decide what is more important a kiss w/ a new person or keeping your boyfriend.
(edited 5 years ago)
I’ve done the same . It’s basically the same sitch ( I’m the gf ) and honestly , I made a silly mistake and I regretted it , but I knew I loved my bf more than the person I kissed . So I didn’t mention it .
Reply 7
4 years is a very long time and you have a relationship where you care about each other and have a special bond.

If you tell him you’d like to experience kissing someone else how do you think that leaves him? He’d likely feel inadequate and if he weren’t doing a good enough job which is unfair.

I can understand the curiosity but would you really want to cause problems in your relationship due to act on these curiosities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending