The Student Room Group

How do you get over this sort of pain?

My mother doesn’t love me and my whole life I’ve just craved the love, affection and guidance of a mother. It hurts me seeing healthy mother daughter relationships because I know I’ll never have that since my mother is distant and cold. I can never go to her with problems and I can never seek advice from her. I feel alone and like I have absolutely no one.

I know there are other relations in life but it just isn’t the same
Original post by Anonymous
My mother doesn’t love me and my whole life I’ve just craved the love, affection and guidance of a mother. It hurts me seeing healthy mother daughter relationships because I know I’ll never have that since my mother is distant and cold. I can never go to her with problems and I can never seek advice from her. I feel alone and like I have absolutely no one.

I know there are other relations in life but it just isn’t the same

A mother's love for her child is a different, unique type of love.
I'm sorry you've never had the opportunity to have that love. Some mother's, and I know this is very hard to even think about, just simply can't show/ reciprocate the love maybe due to early motherhood traumas / problems etc.

Basically I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand why it must be so hard. You're right if I was in your situation I'd yearn that type of love too.

But what you've got to think about is all those people you see,those 'perfect' mother daughter relationships are probably far from it... Everyone has problems... Yes, your pain your feeling might be so bad that you can't breathe sometimes but it's a part of your life that will make you stronger.... You'll know in your heart that you will not do the same thing to your children because you wouldn't want them to feel the pain you feel.

"A broken heart is the worst. It's like having broken ribs, nobody can see it, but the pain is unbearable everytime you breathe".

Stay strong!
If you ever need to talk you can PM me.
:smile:

Sorry for the long and confusing message.
Reply 2
Original post by Ivy2611
A mother's love for her child is a different, unique type of love.
I'm sorry you've never had the opportunity to have that love. Some mother's, and I know this is very hard to even think about, just simply can't show/ reciprocate the love maybe due to early motherhood traumas / problems etc.

Basically I guess what I'm trying to say is I understand why it must be so hard. You're right if I was in your situation I'd yearn that type of love too.

But what you've got to think about is all those people you see,those 'perfect' mother daughter relationships are probably far from it... Everyone has problems... Yes, your pain your feeling might be so bad that you can't breathe sometimes but it's a part of your life that will make you stronger.... You'll know in your heart that you will not do the same thing to your children because you wouldn't want them to feel the pain you feel.

"A broken heart is the worst. It's like having broken ribs, nobody can see it, but the pain is unbearable everytime you breathe".

Stay strong!
If you ever need to talk you can PM me.
:smile:

Sorry for the long and confusing message.

Thank you so much. This was perfect exactly what I needed to hear ❤️
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much. This was perfect exactly what I needed to hear ❤️

Of course :smile:
If you need any advice or just want to talk don't hesitate to PM me :smile:
I'm sorry that you're going through this. I can't even imagine what that feels like. I can't pretend to have the best relationship in the world with my mum, but I do know that at the very least she loves me (and actually we were a lot closer when I was younger).

I know there isn't another relationship like the one you have with your mum, but for me, everything that's gone wrong in my life gives me more motivation to make what I can control as good as possible. So, I put the effort in with my partner, if/when I have children I will give them the best childhood ever.. I mean, that's in an ideal world, but I know where my parents went wrong, so although I will probably make many of my own mistakes, I certainly won't make the ones that affected me as a child.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending