The Student Room Group

Feeling inadequate because of my ex

So I dated this guy for 3 months, and we broke things off pretty much a month ago. First the first half of the time we dated, he was really into me and chased me so hard. I started caring about him a couple months in and then he suddenly got cold and distant when I returned from a holiday. 2 weeks after returning I had known for a while he would leave the country, but we were figuring that if we were serious about liking eachother we could continue this relationship when he came back (he is coming back 6 months later). But in those last 2 weeks he acted horrible, just prioritising his friends all the time and hardly bothering to see me. If I asked for a straight answer he'd try to keep me on the hook and instead complain he had many problems in his life etc and deviate from answering properly.The last straw was when on his final night he arranged clubbing with his friends, didn't tell me it was his last night until the last minute and asked me to come to the club as an afterthought. When I got upset he hung up my phone calls and ignored me saying he didn't feel well (but he still went clubbing). His friend told me that he had said that when he leaves I'm like nothing to him but his friendships are still there so that's why he acts like that. I told him off and said not to contact again, he texted me like 10 times after I didn't respond. When he left he deleted my photo and put a picture with another girl who is really pretty, like I am pretty myself but she is seriously like some model. I feel so bad about myself and inadequate. How do I feel better about myself?
Just try to live your life and forget about him. He shouldn’t have any bearing in your life. You don’t need him so focus on yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
So I dated this guy for 3 months, and we broke things off pretty much a month ago. First the first half of the time we dated, he was really into me and chased me so hard. I started caring about him a couple months in and then he suddenly got cold and distant when I returned from a holiday. 2 weeks after returning I had known for a while he would leave the country, but we were figuring that if we were serious about liking eachother we could continue this relationship when he came back (he is coming back 6 months later). But in those last 2 weeks he acted horrible, just prioritising his friends all the time and hardly bothering to see me. If I asked for a straight answer he'd try to keep me on the hook and instead complain he had many problems in his life etc and deviate from answering properly.The last straw was when on his final night he arranged clubbing with his friends, didn't tell me it was his last night until the last minute and asked me to come to the club as an afterthought. When I got upset he hung up my phone calls and ignored me saying he didn't feel well (but he still went clubbing). His friend told me that he had said that when he leaves I'm like nothing to him but his friendships are still there so that's why he acts like that. I told him off and said not to contact again, he texted me like 10 times after I didn't respond. When he left he deleted my photo and put a picture with another girl who is really pretty, like I am pretty myself but she is seriously like some model. I feel so bad about myself and inadequate. How do I feel better about myself?

Rejection is never easy and it will hurt for a while.

For him you were just some fun and he was always going to put himself first.

The important thing is to realise it was a lucky escape and the relationship would never have lasted.

You werent important.
Your feelings werent important.
He went out of his way to make you feel bad.
He wasnt a friend and talked behind you back in a hurtful way.

Think about it. Why would you be upset over losing someone who treats you in that way? No sane person would. It should hurt less and you should be happy you avoided being with such a person.
Realise you can do much better and be happy for the lucky escape.
Do cut him off from all media as he will never change. Move on.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Rejection is never easy and it will hurt for a while.

For him you were just some fun and he was always going to put himself first.

The important thing is to realise it was a lucky escape and the relationship would never have lasted.

You werent important.
Your feelings werent important.
He went out of his way to make you feel bad.
He wasnt a friend and talked behind you back in a hurtful way.

Think about it. Why would you be upset over losing someone who treats you in that way? No sane person would. It should hurt less and you should be happy you avoided being with such a person.
Realise you can do much better and be happy for the lucky escape.
Do cut him off from all media as he will never change. Move on.

I think I'm just hurting because when we were dating he told me he loved me and acted like he really wanted to be with me, he initiated everything and chased me first. I'm surprised people can be so heartless sometimes. And then I see the girl is prettier than me, it makes me feel like I wasn't good enough.
I think I'm just hurting because when we were dating he told me he loved me and acted like he really wanted to be with me, he initiated everything and chased me first. I'm surprised people can be so heartless sometimes. And then I see the girl is prettier than me, it makes me feel like I wasn't good enough.

Aw honey. The guy lied to you, and now I can guarantee that you will develop relationship trust issues because of this ****. ****ing ripple effect, or is a domino effect? Doesn't matter, please forget about him since he's literal trash. Or try to ask his friends as to what's changed and then get back to me.

Yeah, this wasn't helpful.

You are going to have to learn that a lot of boys might tell you what you want to hear and a lot dont tell the truth. You will learn more about people y seeing if their actions match up with their words and clearly he only treated you nicely for a short period.

You are better than him. He isnt worth getting upset over.
Believe in yourself and the fact that someone who really cares wouldnt treat you like that.
It will hurt for a bit, but as long as you ;earn from it, then it will make it easier to avoid such people next time.

He sounds like a Prince amongst men.

OP, you're a genuine person, and he isn't - that's all there is to it. Don't allow some awful person to make you feel bad about yourself. He has some serious issues so in the long run you are better off without him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending