The Student Room Group

Is this love

I drive my boyfriend crazy with my anxiety and depression, I take it out on him. I have manipulated, questioned, accused and more. But he’s always stayed with me after 2 years of it.
I assume it’s because he loves me and doesn’t want to leave cause he’s to in love and wants me
Reply 1
Poor guy
True
Original post by Jamie136
Poor guy

True 😂
Original post by Anonymous
I drive my boyfriend crazy with my anxiety and depression, I take it out on him. I have manipulated, questioned, accused and more. But he’s always stayed with me after 2 years of it.
I assume it’s because he loves me and doesn’t want to leave cause he’s to in love and wants me

You don't sound like a particularly nice person. Maybe he's scared to leave you?
Reply 4
Bump
Original post by Anonymous

Ah I'm the same but I try to regulate myself more but it's very difficult, especially now that he's in uni. Has he not said that he loves you yet? I know that my boyfriend stays with me because he loves me (we both want a future together) and when I've asked why he is still with me he says it's because he sees the good in me and that it outweighs my flaws. I'm lucky that he also understands that my mental illness doesn't define me, so that when my depression or anxiety gets the best of me he knows that what I can say may not really reflect what my normal calm self feels. It's taken some time and communication for him to be able to understand that though so know that sort of thing may need to come from communication first. Just talk to your boyfriend but don't undersell yourself when asking otherwise it might upset or frustrate him since I'm sure he thinks you're amazing. Say it in a way that shows you appreciate his patience but you just want to understand his thinking and feelings more
But it may also be codependency which you should look up perhaps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending