The Student Room Group

First love

Do first love make it harder to move on and do they make it easier to come back?
There's a studied phenomenon that some people never fully get over their first love. And that the first heartbreak hurts the most. Maybe you are going through this? Google is your friend if you want to find out more
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous928384
There's a studied phenomenon that some people never fully get over their first love. And that the first heartbreak hurts the most. Maybe you are going through this? Google is your friend if you want to find out more

What exactly do I find out please
Original post by Anonymous #1
Do first love make it harder to move on and do they make it easier to come back?

I thought I had found my first love in my first relationship. But in reality, I didn’t have any idea what love was. The difference between telling someone you love someone and actually feeling love for them i feel is very different. I told my first boyfriend I loved him, which maybe i did, but he wasn’t my first love. I’m in my 20s and a year ago met my first love, despite being in 2 relationships before. Until I met him I thought my first boyfriend was my first love, but he showed me what real love is and i’ve never looked back. He had a girlfriend before me and I believe that she was his first love and I wasn’t his. As much as it hurt to know that he once loved her before me, he has reassured me that there are no longer any feelings for her and i truly believe him.
Original post by miamcniven
I thought I had found my first love in my first relationship. But in reality, I didn’t have any idea what love was. The difference between telling someone you love someone and actually feeling love for them i feel is very different. I told my first boyfriend I loved him, which maybe i did, but he wasn’t my first love. I’m in my 20s and a year ago met my first love, despite being in 2 relationships before. Until I met him I thought my first boyfriend was my first love, but he showed me what real love is and i’ve never looked back. He had a girlfriend before me and I believe that she was his first love and I wasn’t his. As much as it hurt to know that he once loved her before me, he has reassured me that there are no longer any feelings for her and i truly believe him.

That sounds crazy that you wasn't in love with the 2 first men you were in relationships with
Original post by EllieDaysx

That sounds crazy that you wasn't in love with the 2 first men you were in relationships with

i was 16 to 18 in my first relationship. i loved him and i loved the idea of him but i wasn’t in love with him. I thought I was at the time but the way he treat me has made me realise that it was physically impossible to have been in love with him. He would call me names and be verbally abusive to the point where i would cry once a week over his actions and words. He cheated, he lied, he made excuses and he never changed. He encouraged an eating disorder and belittled me, he never supported my future or my mental health and stopped me from having any friends, that’s not love. Since being with my fiancé I have found what being IN love feels like. While I loved my ex, i was not in love with him and he made it physically impossible to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending