The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 8461 - Paper 1 - 14th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Microscope, photosynthesis light intensity and the ph of amylase enzymes are my predicted required practicals however not a lot of content on antibiotics as 94% of the candidates last year scored full marks on there question
Reply 181
Sorry I'm new to this thread, can anyone tell me what they thinks predicted to come up for topics as well as the practicals and 6 markers?
Thanks a lot
Reply 182
anyone think lableing a microscope would come up in the higher exam
highly doubt that lmao

Original post by ysaleh
anyone think lableing a microscope would come up in the higher exam
what about culturing micro organisms

Original post by User037020
Microscope, photosynthesis light intensity and the ph of amylase enzymes are my predicted required practicals however not a lot of content on antibiotics as 94% of the candidates last year scored full marks on there question
Any predictions for what topics will come up?
do we need to be able to label thorax diaphragm pleural membranes etc
Anyone got any YouTube videos I can watch that will teach me the whole spec 😂 ( or at least useful videos) plz I need the help 😂
Labelling heart, vaccines, labelling cells, photosynthesis practical, enzymes monoclonal antibodies, resistance
Original post by Jackster246
Any predictions for what topics will come up?
It’s less likely as it came up as a very long question last year and is in the specimen paper also
Original post by BurntToast101
what about culturing micro organisms
Photosynthesis practical came up last year though

Original post by SarahRADI
Labelling heart, vaccines, labelling cells, photosynthesis practical, enzymes monoclonal antibodies, resistance
Reply 191
Original post by jasleen_music
Such a good idea!!! How are you feeling about this exam? :smile:

:lol:
I'm not doing the exam. Been maybe 6 years since I did my GCSEs :wink: Just here for the moral support! :dumbells:

[scroll]:bl:[/scroll]
Original post by Rawrrrrr
Anyone got any YouTube videos I can watch that will teach me the whole spec 😂 ( or at least useful videos) plz I need the help 😂

Science with Hazel, there's a few videos for different exam boards and that on there, check her channel out
Thank u hopefully it helps
Original post by talise.2625
Science with Hazel, there's a few videos for different exam boards and that on there, check her channel out
Photosynthesis did NOT come up in the AQA Biology Paper 1 2018. In fact the word photosynthesis wasn't even mentioned.
Original post by Jackster246
Photosynthesis practical came up last year though
Original post by izaakha
Photosynthesis did NOT come up in the AQA Biology Paper 1 2018. In fact the word photosynthesis wasn't even mentioned.

It didn't come up in the Triple paper but it came up in the Combined paper.
Ok, just to let you know that this forum is for the triple biology paper with code 8461, the combined spec code is 8464
Original post by Anthos
It didn't come up in the Triple paper but it came up in the Combined paper.
Can someone be an absolute lad please and cross reference what has and hasnt came up in papers yet with the spec? Someone did that for Computer Science and most of the stuff that wasnt on those papers did come up, so whoever has the time to be an absolute unit for everyone here,since theyre likely to come up, would be appreciated. thx :smile:
Are you guys prepared for tomorrow? Also how are yous revising
there is no combine science forum, it only comes up with biology paper 1 8461

Original post by izaakha
Ok, just to let you know that this forum is for the triple biology paper with code 8461, the combined spec code is 8464

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending