This poll is closed

How did your AQA Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive27%
The paper was reasonable41%
Not feeling great about that exam...20%
It was TERRIBLE12%
Total votes: 4025
AQA GCSE Biology 8461 - Paper 1 - 14th May

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:

8461 Paper 1 1h 45m 14 May 2019 pm (Both tiers)

:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/biology/specifications/AQA-8461-SP-2016.PDF

Spoiler

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/biology-8461/assessment-resources

:goodluck:

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Almost guarantee the Photosyntheis practical will come up in 2019 thats my prediction as well as either the enzyme practical or something to do on enzymes also because there was not much on cells last year i think cells will play a massive part this year whether it is root cells, stem cells, labelling a cell etc
Reply 2
Original post by liamlarner
Almost guarantee the Photosyntheis practical will come up in 2019 thats my prediction as well as either the enzyme practical or something to do on enzymes also because there was not much on cells last year i think cells will play a massive part this year whether it is root cells, stem cells, labelling a cell etc

Feeling well prepared for this one? You very much seem so :wink:
I feel like the heart will come up e.g- labeling the heart etc.
i agree and the great thing about label questions is they are free marks essentially what else do you think will come up what do you think will be this years 6 mark questions
Original post by amallbbyy
I feel like the heart will come up e.g- labeling the heart etc.
Original post by 8472
Feeling well prepared for this one? You very much seem so :wink:

i am indeed i got a 9 72/100 on my 2018 paper 1 mock and i plan to do the same for the real thing
i am indeed i got a 9 72/100 on my 2018 paper 1 mock and i plan to do the same for the real thing

That's really good! What did you do in terms of revision - since I haven't prioritised science and I'm very worried about the exams.
i agree and the great thing about label questions is they are free marks essentially what else do you think will come up what do you think will be this years 6 mark questions

Definitely infection and response, I feel like they'll ask us something about diseases and vaccinations.
Reply 8

Haha. Well done :yy: So much confidence :laugh:
i am just very good at getting into the mind of the examiners i read examiner reports from legacy spec to give me a idea and did questions and questions over and over
That's really good! What did you do in terms of revision - since I haven't prioritised science and I'm very worried about the exams.
yes i think the examiners are going to throw a curveball in this paper i don't know where but i have a funny feeling they will
Definitely infection and response, I feel like they'll ask us something about diseases and vaccinations.
thank you my key was i wasn't one of those students who sits reading notes and revision guide outside the hall i was just minding my own business like i was not doing a normal exam
Original post by 8472
Haha. Well done :yy: So much confidence :laugh:
@amallbbyy i wonder if monoclonal antibodies will come up since it's triple only and higher only and one of the few triple only topics for paper 1 it might come up again
@amallbbyy i wonder if monoclonal antibodies will come up since it's triple only and higher only and one of the few triple only topics for paper 1 it might come up again

Yeah, I've got a feeling they're going to really dig the triple only content this year to catch us out...
I've made flashcards for all my subjects i just don't know if ill have enough time to learn hem all :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Guys I’m in year 9 took the chem and biology paper one and got a 9 for biology and an 8 in chemistry if anyone needs help I’m here
i have a feeling in my gut the examiners have thrown in a curveball on the higher papers for Bio,Chem and Physics specially towards the end knowing are luck they will do something like combine the cancer tumours topic with monoclonal
Original post by RazzzBerries
Yeah, I've got a feeling they're going to really dig the triple only content this year to catch us out...
I actually hate monoclonal antibodies I hope its not like a 6 marker.
i think it will be because it was only 4 marks last year and the examiners report said people performed badly on it so i think it will be a 6 marker so try learn the process before its too late
Original post by Bluepanda1234
I actually hate monoclonal antibodies I hope its not like a 6 marker.

Submit reply
Yes will do, thanks.
i think it will be because it was only 4 marks last year and the examiners report said people performed badly on it so i think it will be a 6 marker so try learn the process before its too late

Submit reply

Quick Reply

Latest