The Student Room Group

DVLA and medical conditions

Hey, my name is James. I'm 18 years old and currently have a provisional driving licence. Recently, i informed DVLA of my two medical conditions, that is asperger syndrome and OCD, after finding out that these medical conditions needed to be stated on my provisonal licence. Neither of these conditions affect my ability to drive, i dont take any medication for my OCD anymore, i only have a CBT session once a week. My doctor said i could drive, even while i was on medication, i have not been on that medication for six months now. I filled in the form and sent it back to DVLA. Today, i passed my theory test, which i was thrilled about. I'm really worried that the DVLA will revoke my licence becuase of these medical conditions, eventhough they don't affect my ability to drive. The form contains my GP contact details, and the contact details of my CBT treatment centre. Has anybody else had to go through any procedure like this, or could give me any advice? Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by sentinel james
Hey, my name is James. I'm 18 years old and currently have a provisional driving licence. Recently, i informed DVLA of my two medical conditions, that is asperger syndrome and OCD, after finding out that these medical conditions needed to be stated on my provisonal licence. Neither of these conditions affect my ability to drive, i dont take any medication for my OCD anymore, i only have a CBT session once a week. My doctor said i could drive, even while i was on medication, i have not been on that medication for six months now. I filled in the form and sent it back to DVLA. Today, i passed my theory test, which i was thrilled about. I'm really worried that the DVLA will revoke my licence becuase of these medical conditions, eventhough they don't affect my ability to drive. The form contains my GP contact details, and the contact details of my CBT treatment centre. Has anybody else had to go through any procedure like this, or could give me any advice? Thank you.

Don't speculate - if your doctor has given you the all clear, you will be fine to drive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending