The Student Room Group

Access Course for mature student?

I’m 22 years old looking to go university. I haven’t been to school or any educational institutes for about 4 years now. I have four AS levels, all with pretty average grades. I’ve contacted universities and they’ve all suggested I’d study an access course which I’m happy to do.

Just don’t know what access course to study for a future degree in economics. They’ve (uni admins) suggested something relating to maths (understandable) alongside an a level in maths too.

Wondering, if someone could share some knowledge on this topic and hopefully point me in the right direction.

I’m currently looking at Combined Science or Social Science access course.
Original post by AOF1004
I’m 22 years old looking to go university. I haven’t been to school or any educational institutes for about 4 years now. I have four AS levels, all with pretty average grades. I’ve contacted universities and they’ve all suggested I’d study an access course which I’m happy to do.

Just don’t know what access course to study for a future degree in economics. They’ve (uni admins) suggested something relating to maths (understandable) alongside an a level in maths too.

Wondering, if someone could share some knowledge on this topic and hopefully point me in the right direction.

I’m currently looking at Combined Science or Social Science access course.

It ll be down to the modules content of the access courses which will be most relevant really
Reply 2
From what I understand, Maths-based Access courses are a little harder to find (recalling some previous conversations on here). I think the most important thing would be - identify some courses, write down the modules and then email each of the universities you want to apply to, asking specifically whether they would accept that course. That way, you know you aren't going to run into problems further down the line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending