The Student Room Group

Will unis accept me

Will they if I only have maths, english, film studies and a health and social care level 2 diploma from a college. I’m now applying for an access course to nursing… do I stand a chance? I will be 21 when starting uni so will be a mature student but will be 20 when applying so does that still count?
Reply 1
Original post by accesstonursing
Will they if I only have maths, english, film studies and a health and social care level 2 diploma from a college. I’m now applying for an access course to nursing… do I stand a chance? I will be 21 when starting uni so will be a mature student but will be 20 when applying so does that still count?

Is that GCSE maths and english?

With the access course almost all universities will accept you if the program relates to the access course.
Reply 2
A family friend left school with “some” gcse results, she is not “dim” and was married at 16.
She was over 40 when she did an access to healthcare course (part time while working) and is almost qualified now as a midwife.

Probably best to talk to someone close to an access course? If you need to bump up any gcse you could do it in the evenings.
Original post by accesstonursing

Hi there!

As long as you meet the minimum requirements for nursing for maths, English, and your Access course, for whichever university you want to attend, you will be fine.

Your age will not matter, take it from someone who first embarked into nursing at the age of 22, and then again at 29. I will be 31 when I qualify, and you'll find you'll have people in their 40's and beyond studying nursing

Good luck!
Nat (A very mature student nurse in comparison) 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending